It's back!

For some time, I've missed Kinoma's former ability to resume NPR podcast playback at the same point at which it was interrupted. Well, it seems this ability is back. I don't know how long this has been the case (as I've been whimpering and whining on the subject for quite some time) but today I discovered the returned feature quite by chance.

My Treo 755p exhibited some odd behavior, last night. To be safe, I removed the micro-sd card. Later, I was able to get the phone going, again, but I forgot to replace the card before going to a doctor's appointment, this morning.

So, when I tried to pass the time by streaming Kinoma content, I made sure to disengage the "prefer download to streaming" option (because the card was absent). To my surprise, it looked like it does when the user can jump to any point within the podcast - which is the same way it behaved when resuming playback worked with NPR podcasts.

To test it, I ended playback, went back to a menu, then returned to the same podcast... and it played from the same point! Yay!

For those of you who really enjoy NPR podcasts and have missed this feature* this should be great news. Enjoy.

* - assuming you weren't as out-of-the-loop as I