Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Did anyone else have problems with their Centro not updating itself last night? My settings are on the automatic date, time and time zone but nothing happened. My wife's iphone on the other hand updated no problem, what gives?
    The following applies to a 650. (Centro differs)

Presumably your location is set to Chicago in Preferences>Date & Time?

To check if Chicago's DST data is set correctly, go into the World Clock select the location dropdown, and go to the end of the list and select Edit List, select Chicago and press [Edit] and see if This location observes Daylight Saving Time is checked and if the Start and End references are correct.
    Last edited by johncc; 03/08/2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Actually it is set to recieve the date time and time zone from the carrier so chicago isn't listed
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I spoke to Palm support who suggested that I needed to annualy apply the DST update.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
    I spoke to Palm support who suggested that I needed to annualy apply the DST update.
    I'm sure their support organization was ready for calls this weekend. Now if I can just find that DST patch for an old M515...
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I have mine updated by the carrier (Verizon) and it was changed correctly.
    nope, did not have a problem... i woke up to the correct time....
    Quote Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
    Actually it is set to recieve the date time and time zone from the carrier so chicago isn't listed
    My original answer relates to a 650.

I see that with a Centro you have an option to have the network provide only Date & Time (not Timezone) and then you can enter a location and adjust the parameters of that location. Maybe that would do it for you.
    Mine updated fine. Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    Mine updated fine. Sprint
    Ditto.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Mine even changed without having it to set automatically... Kills my battery when it sets the time.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    need to power off/on radio or soft reset.