1.    #1  
    Hello All,

With regard to typing text on my treo,
    I would like to turn *off* the automatic "i" to "I" and the automatic apostrophe insert for words that appear to be contractions. Does anyone know how to do this?

Any help is appreciated

-rick
    Rick, on your keyboard, the bottom left key has an up arrow and a magnifying glass. Press it once and it should turn off the shift lock you obviously have it set on now. If you are getting the apostrophe instead of a capitol L, you need to do the same thing with the options button. That's the one to the left of the Z.

For future reference, press that key once for a capitol, twice for shift lock. Same with the options button for symbols.

Another thing that would help greatly would be to read the owners manual.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    It might be in your auto text.
    Bb
    Quote Originally Posted by rgiuly View Post
    Hello All,

With regard to typing text on my treo,
    I would like to turn *off* the automatic "i" to "I" and the automatic apostrophe insert for words that appear to be contractions. Does anyone know how to do this?

Any help is appreciated

-rick
    Don't know that you can turn it off, but modifying the set of auto correct items is discussed in the link below. You can of course backspace to remove the auto correction.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ml#post1347329

I guess one way to turn it off would be to modify the file as described in the thread to remove most of the corrections.

The full list is as follows, and as you can see i translates to I

acn can adn and agian again ahd had ahppen happen ahve have alot a lot amde made amke make arent aren't beleif belief beleive believe cant can't certian certain cheif chief couldnt couldn't didnt didn't doesnt doesn't dont don't ehr her esle else eyt yet feild field hadnt hadn't hasnt hasn't havent haven't hel he'll heres here's hes he's hows how's hsa has hse she hte the htere there htey they hting thing htis this i I id I'd il I'll im I'm isnt isn't itll it'll itsa it's a ive I've lets let's mkae make mns minutes oclock o'clock peice piece peices pieces recieve receive recieved received recieving receiving sec second secs seconds seh she shel she'll shes she's shouldnt shouldn't tahn than taht that teh the tehy they thats that's theres there's theyd they'd theyll they'll theyre they're theyve they've thier their visavis vis-a-vis wasnt wasn't wel we'll werent weren't weve we've whats what's wheres where's wholl who'll whos who's whove who've whys why's wont won't wouldnt wouldn't youd you'd youll you'll youre you're youve you've
    Last edited by johncc; 03/08/2009 at 08:27 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Hi All,

Thanks for the help so far,

I used PRC explorer to take a look at HsExtensions2.0_enUS.prc. There is a list under tSTL that seems to be the list of words and auto-corrections. What is the easiest way to actually modify this prc file? / What application should I use to do the modification?

-Rick
    PowerDict allows you to add/edit/remove all autotexts, very useful. I use hse for house all the time, but palm changes it to she. Fixed with powerdict. If you can't find it, lemme know.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  7.    #7  
    powerdict works!

thanks theleetbeagle and everybody!

-rick