1.    #1  
    I have a problem with the Centro that has only happened twice, but it was pretty bad. I usually drain my battery down to about 70-60% on a typical day. I then charge it by leaving it on the charger overnight. During normal daily usage I found that my battery was down to about 40% a few days ago. I thought that was weird, so I soft reset. After the reset it still was draining fast (it went down to about 20% in 10 minutes). I made sure that my internet connection was not active and soft reset again. That seemed to fix it because it stayed at 20% for the next hour or two.

This exact same thing happened twice so far, and I think it is just weird.

I have the time function set to "do nothing" so it is not that time resetting drain that has been talked about here.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Have you tried installing Power Hero? That will auto-off just about anything, & it has quite a few different options to automatically do when the battery drain rate is unusually high.
    Make sure you turn off bluetooth when you're not using your headset, it burns power seeking a connection.
    Also, on the days when it drains fast, do you happen to be in a place where you have a poor signal? Searching for a signal can kill your battery at an annoyingly fast rate :-/
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    did you used you headset with Centro that day!
    There is a common problem with headset that happenes from time to time, so please do this trick:
    insert your headset jack into yout centro and twist it twice and remove the jack from your centro.
  6.    #6  
    I don't use a head set and I always have bluetooth turned off. But what is interesting is the comment about the poor service area. I think that may explain my problem. I do think that I was in an area with poor coverage. I am going to experiment and see if that was the problem.
    I'll post this for general info, since it doesnt sound like it applies to the original question, but for work I always leave the Centro on vibrate. I have my side button set to "play/pause" for pocketTunes, and have on occasion started playing music but didnt know it because my phone was on vibrate, and that combined with Chatter and phone calls will drain a battery real quick!
    Vinnie
    mine did this the other day...what fixed it was a soft reset while on the charger

I read that resets the charging circuits or something to that effect...anyway it stopped the bleeding and it seems to be acting normally now
    Mine used to drain really fast when I had the time set automatically. I unchecked it and I noticed quite a difference.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    My GSM unlocked Centro sometimes drains the battery really fast (2-3 hours from full to empty, very annoying if it happens when I do not look at it and make a soft reset before it's too late...)

It seems (but I'm not really sure) that it happens when I make or receive a phone call and I'm not the first to hang-up at the end of the conversation; it's like the Centro thinks the call is still going on if the line is closed from the other side, so the battery gets drained very quickly....

(hope my poor English isn't too obscure......)

Sergio
    Quote Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post
    But what is interesting is the comment about the poor service area. I think that may explain my problem. I do think that I was in an area with poor coverage. I am going to experiment and see if that was the problem.
    Yea, after saying that I've been in the hospital for 3 days & hospitals are notorious for blocking service. My fiancee & I had to charge each of our Centros like 4 times a day. They were also running incredibly laggy. To fix the problem, I just forced roam & disabled EVDO, since the constant double network-switching is what was causing the lags/drain.
  12.    #12  
    Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the battery drain problem that I had. It seems like all is well for now. I have decided that I am not going to worry about it for now because it appears to have been a fluke. Anyway I am holding out with my Centro until Verizon get the Pre next year (fingers crossed). After that I will just give it away.