1.    #1  
    Anybody know how to load a PRL file? The refurb I got from Verizon doesn't want to connect to the internet using the virtual modem network connection, and I have a strong suspicion that the PRL is causing this (worked fine the first time after activtion, then I soft reset and it stopped working and would give me error 3000's). I have found a copy of an old .prl file from Corolada PRL Page.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    *228 option 2 ...
    CDMA Updater from Palm ...
  3.    #3  
    I was able to modify the CDMAFirmwareUpdater file from the device updater to load an older PRL. The cause of the virtual modem issue doesn't seem to be the PRL though...can rule that out...

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    I was able to modify the CDMAFirmwareUpdater file from the device updater to load an older PRL. The cause of the virtual modem issue doesn't seem to be the PRL though...can rule that out...
    Can you please explain how you accomplished this? Is there a guide that you followed?
  5.    #5  
    No, I had to figure it out on my own. Basically I loaded up CDMAFirmwareUpdater.prc into a hex editor, located the PRL (if you download a couple PRLs, you'll see a pattern in like the second line of it), replaced it with the one you want to load (be sure not to change the length), and loaded it onto my 755p.

With my 800w, I used QPST, which is much easier. But, if you're not using a microUSB Treo, you may need to get a serial cable.

No, I had to figure it out on my own. Basically I loaded up CDMAFirmwareUpdater.prc into a hex editor, located the PRL (if you download a couple PRLs, you'll see a pattern in like the second line of it), replaced it with the one you want to load (be sure not to change the length), and loaded it onto my 755p.

With my 800w, I used QPST, which is much easier. But, if you're not using a microUSB Treo, you may need to get a serial cable.
    I took the 1.08 SD Updater firmware and played around it a few days ago to load the latest Verizon EVDO PRL file in there. The phone updates okay, and it displays the PRL I substituted, but the phone wont connect to the EVDO band, and instead connects to 1xRTT, and aside from that it keeps losing service.

I inserted the PRL into 2 separate files- CDMAFirmwareUpdater.bprc and DefaultPRL.prc which are located in \PALM\DeviceCustomizer\Treo755p.VZW.

What I'd like to know is I should be placing either of these files in the Palm\Launcher file that it makes when you run the updater.
  7.    #7  
    The way I did it was put a copy in CDMAFirmwareUpdater, rename that to .prc, and install that (along with localization enUS file to RAM.

If you are trying to apply the latest PRL, have you tried *228? The reason I needed to do this was because I wanted to load the previous PRL onto my device.

The way I did it was put a copy in CDMAFirmwareUpdater, rename that to .prc, and install that (along with localization enUS file to RAM.

If you are trying to apply the latest PRL, have you tried *228? The reason I needed to do this was because I wanted to load the previous PRL onto my device.
    Why do things the easy way?

I'm trying to create an installer so that I can flash phones with the latest PRL embedded, thats why.
  9.    #9  
    If you had edited the PRC and put the PRL into it, it should work. If it doesn't, I think you may have to resort to either QPST or *228.

I did have problems with it always roaming when I had loaded certain PRLs, so I'm not sure if this works 100%. I didn't test data though, as I don't have a data plan.

Please give me evdo prl file for Palm 800W.
    Thanks
  11.    #11  
    For the 800w, you need to load the PRL using QPST. You can get the PRL from Corolada PRL Page.

I am new to the whole phone flashing unlocking experience. I have recently had a treo 755p flashed for metro pcs and I am loving the phone and the service on the phone. I do have internet access but not able to do picture mail. If anyone can help with this I would appreciate instructions on how to get this added to my phone. Also I have started collecting the programs needed to start doing my own phone flashing and would love for anyone in the know that is willing to help me get started to contact me I would love to pick the brain of a genius.
  13.    #13  
    Flashed phones usually do not work 100%...why not just email the pictures instead?

PMFBI, but what's a PRL?
  15.    #15  
    It's the Preferred Roaming List. It's what tells your phone what networks it can roam on.

Thank you.
    It's the Preferred Roaming List. It's what tells your phone what networks it can roam on.
    hi guys im new on this website , i need little help loading verizon prl into treo 650 , i tried cdma workshop, qpst and even the palmtreo desktop manager , i had no luck at all , by the way the phone is on alltel carrier now and need verizon prl into it please help and thanks in advance whoever helps me out on this