1.    #1  
    What's the best email application?
    Depends on what you use your email for and how important it is to you, really. Each app has it's own quirks & downfalls & each has users that swear it's the best. How do you use your email? Persona? Business? Both? Do you just have one account, or multiple ones? What email provider(s) do you use? Do you want your device to receive pushed email virtually as soon as your inbox does, or do you just want your device to pull in new emails every, say, 15 minutes? There's also the concern with battery consumption. I'm no expert & I definitely haven't tried nearly all the email apps, but start listing some details & I bet some users here can get you enough help to get the ball rollin.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Depends on what you use your email for and how important it is to you, really....
    True, but ChatterEmail is almost certainly the best for most people, most of the time, if they've found the supplied email app insufficient. I just wish it was available on WM
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  4.    #4  
    Depends on what you use your email for and how important it is to you, really. Each app has it's own quirks & downfalls & each has users that swear it's the best. How do you use your email? Persona? Business? Both? Do you just have one account, or multiple ones? What email provider(s) do you use? Do you want your device to receive pushed email virtually as soon as your inbox does, or do you just want your device to pull in new emails every, say, 15 minutes? There's also the concern with battery consumption. I'm no expert & I definitely haven't tried nearly all the email apps, but start listing some details & I bet some users here can get you enough help to get the ball rollin.
    Need an app that will allow me to check hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc.. email if possible...virtually or a timed inbox sync is fine.
    Chatter is the superlative email app, but unfortunately when I checked the other day, it's disappeared from the Palm site. I'm not sure it's available for purchase any more. There's nobody to support it, in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Need an app that will allow me to check hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc.. email if possible...virtually or a timed inbox sync is fine.
    & what are the aspects of Versamail that you dislike?
    Versamail is ok with me.
    FWIW

I've switched to Snappermail solely on the basis that Chatter was unable to send mail with multiple (lets say 20+) contacts at a time. I would get the list of emails in the To: field truncated. I would love to know if anyone has a workaround or fix for this as I haven't been successful with any forum to gain a response.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    & what are the aspects of Versamail that you dislike?
    For me, I have been unable to view photo attachments that are sent. Using Verizon Centro Mail it works but not with Versamail PE 4.0.1.

I can download the attachments but can't seem to open them.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by hotkey; 03/08/2009 at 11:07 PM.
    I just started using Seven. it's working ok for m gmail acct so far
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Chatter, imho Chattermail makes Versamail look like a tired old dog.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    A vote for Snappermail here. No problems using it.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Even if you can install Chatter, how are you going to register it?

See this post on Chatteremail's forum, which is no longer supported:

Chatter E-mail Registeration - ChatterEmailForum
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I'm looking for an ap that will do wireless sync with my home pc and outlook. Do these aps do that? I can't see where versamail will. And I cant figure out how to open attachments in versamail. Anyone help with that one?