1.    #1  
    As mentioned in an earlier thread I created I wanted to find out if anyone has done a down grade regarding firmware on their 755P phone.

I got tired of the constant resets and don't have insurance on my phone. So I threw caution to the wind and decided to downgrade the firmware. Only noticeable improvement for me with 1.08 was the bluetooth staying connected. Prior to the upgrade sometimes my bluetooth would disconnect in the middle of a call and it wasn't because the bluetooth headset battery was dead or out of range.

The downgrade took 28 minutes. Its a little over 24 hours and no resets
    Restored my programs with Rescue Back up.
    Called Sprint and asked for a PRL update. PRL:60651
    The hardware revision on my phone is B.
    Seeing happy days with my phone again.
    Cool! How did you do the downgrade? Just reinstalled the original 1.07 file? I would think that would work. I got a new (ie, not refurbed) 755p from Sprint to take care of this same problem. It came with 1.07, and after 3 resets in two days, I did the 1.08 upgrade. It's been pretty solid since that, but it's nice to know that I can go back to 1.07 if I need to.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  3.    #3  
    Yup.
    I googled sprint firmware 1.07 and download the software.

Connected the Treo and let it rip.

It erased the existing firmware and loaded 1.07. After the downgrade, it seem like I had more memory on the phone. The entire 64 megs seemed available, but I just restored from backup which I probably should of installed from scratch but didn't want to do all that work and finding serial codes.

I don't want to jinx anything but still no reset. knock on wood.
    You just ran the updater and it downgraded?

I want to do this on my Verizon 755p, but for some reason, I can't find the 1.07 updater anywhere. I know it exists for sure...
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Here is a link to the 1.07 upgrade:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...te/sprint.html

George
    That's for Sprint...I'm on Verizon.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Hmm hardware version B...
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    i would think that it would check firmware version b4 updating.
  9.    #9  
    A little over 2 weeks and not a single crash yet.
    I hope I just didn't jinx myself. lol.

My phone did not like the 1.08 at all.