Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    according to the specs on palm this phone only uses microsd not microsdhc so does that mean im stuck using only microsd cards? if so which 4gb should i get cause all of the ones i ever find are microsdhc. thanks
  2. #2  
    You can use any microsdhc. Even the 16Gb ones. HC cards will work fine. Some people have had trouble with the Kingston cards. But Sandisk and Transcend have worked well.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    You can use any microsdhc. Even the 16Gb ones. HC cards will work fine. Some people have had trouble with the Kingston cards. But Sandisk and Transcend have worked well.
    Question is, can you use all 16gb?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  4. #4  
    You can use 15.6gb, or whatever is available on the card to use. Your Centro may only report 4gb, but when the first four is filled, it will start reporting the next four, etc. No different than using the 8gb, which many people use, including myself.
  5.    #5  
    i see. how odd so i would technically be out of memory when nothing else will save onto the card?
  6. jj2me's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    i see. how odd so i would technically be out of memory when nothing else will save onto the card?
    Actually, I believe it sometimes depends on the app. When I tried to load audiobooks from my local public library past the 4GB mark, the OverDrive Media app said I didn't have enough space, so wouldn't let me load. I got around this with the help of someone on this forum, by removing files, adding the audiobook, then copying back files.

    I just tried to add an audiobook again. Windows Explorer said I had "0 bytes free of 3.39GB", but the OverDrive app now let me add the audiobook. It's like it punched through the limit.
  7. #7  
    As I mentioned somewhere else on these forums, I am using an 8 GB card with only minor problems. On issue was that when I had it filled near the 4 GB mark, BackupMan complained that there wasn't enough room to save a backup. I ADDED a few mp3 files to push it over the 4 GB point, and everything was happy again.

    The funny thing is that my computer won't read the card in my sd slot (with adapter) because it is an sdhc, but if it is in the Centro, using Card Reader, no problems. Odd, but it works BETTER with the Centro and Card Reader than natively.
  8. #8  
    Another question - will the "card" category still report (list) all the apps that might be on your card even if you are over 4gb? I have many, many apps residing in /PALM/Launcher.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcgee View Post
    As I mentioned somewhere else on these forums, I am using an 8 GB card with only minor problems. On issue was that when I had it filled near the 4 GB mark, BackupMan complained that there wasn't enough room to save a backup. I ADDED a few mp3 files to push it over the 4 GB point, and everything was happy again.

    The funny thing is that my computer won't read the card in my sd slot (with adapter) because it is an sdhc, but if it is in the Centro, using Card Reader, no problems. Odd, but it works BETTER with the Centro and Card Reader than natively.
    My microSDHC works fine with my USB 2.0 adapter. You might want to try one of those that is compatible with microSDHC. Not quite as convenient as using the SD slot, but not bad.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  10.    #10  
    sorry to bump this from the dead. but does the brand truly matter? I'm looking at a polaroid one and it might be had for a decent price instore. any objections? 35 dollars for a 16gb
  11. #11  
    Not sure if a Centro can utilize 16 GB, but you can always return it if it doesn't work, right?
  12. #12  
    I use a 32 GB without any problem.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    sorry to bump this from the dead. but does the brand truly matter?
    The only brand I've heard problems with is Kingston.
  14. #14  
    I'm using an 8gb Class 6 I ordered direct from China via ebay. The classes available are Class 2 (2mb/second), Class 4 (4 mb/second) and Class 6 (6 mb/second). Cost including shipping was about $20. It's definitely a fast card. If the transfer rate is important to you, make sure you check out what class the card is. And BTW, CardReader and at least one other program - can't remember which - recognize the full size of the card.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  15. #15  
    I have used an 8 and a 16 GB MicroSDHC but it only reports 4 GB in RescoExplorer and Card Info. I didn't notice I never ran out of space when adding files but that's the case. Also, when using the program Card Export to mount the card on my Mac, it reports it's full size.

Posting Permissions