1.    #1  
    I've just received my Palm GSM Centro and I'm wondering how i can surf internet on Centro using laptop connection.

Reasons to do so:
    - I want to restore connectivity when I've traveled outside coverage area
    - To download videos, ebooks directly to Centro, instead of going through desktop-cardreader-Centro process.
    - Data plan from my carrier s***s, though they charge hefty prices.
    - I already use & pay for unlimited connection on my laptop.

Here is what I've have:
    1. Bluetooth dongle
    2. IR dongle
    3. USB cable that connects my device to the laptop.

Pls. suggest some software(preferably free) to achieve this on Centro.

Note: I've used Samsung SGH-i607 BlackJack Windows mobile in past.
    I've done that before on my Treo. Search for "Reverse DUN" on these forums.
    There are also 2 applications you may care to look at: PDANet and USBModem. I used PDANet on the family Centros and my WM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    There are also 2 applications you may care to look at: PDANet and USBModem. I used PDANet on the family Centros and my WM.
    bclinger, good suggestions, but he wants to go the other way! He doesn't want to use his Centro to get his laptop online, but his laptop to get his Centro online.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I've done that before on my Treo. Search for "Reverse DUN" on these forums.
    Thank you. Reverse DUN thread had a gud bit of information, on this getting it to work. But am afraid, I couldn't get connectivity over my Centro. Specially installing that Articulation app on my device.
    - Done with setting up a shared LAN connection over my laptop
    - Paired my device using BT.
    - Tap on Connect(in preferences-network screen) it shows initializing-signing on-Established status
    - Get a notification on my laptop, that Cenro is using Network Access service on this computer. BT icon turns green in blue border(which indicates connectivity)
    - No connectivity over Centro, cannot access Google or any other site on Blazer.

Can someone help me figure out, what I'm doing wrong.
    I seem to remember it being kind of tricky...

Maybe I'll try to get it working on my Centro and post here how I did it.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcgee View Post
    bclinger, good suggestions, but he wants to go the other way! He doesn't want to use his Centro to get his laptop online, but his laptop to get his Centro online.
    I answered the exact same thing as bclinger did a few seconds after Tonylmiller posted his answer and realized my mistake. I deleted mine immediately.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  8.    #8  

That's very kind of you. Appreciate, all your help.
    I was told good things about this site(treocentral), and now I can make it that helpful people like you make this a good one.
  9.    #9  

Hi Tonylmiller,

Were you able to get this to work? If yes, please help. Any update?

Any other user, who has achieved this earlier...pls help.