1.    #1  
    So let me get this straight. TealSoft makes an amazing interface so that WebOS sorta runs on Palm Garnet OS.

I would be much more interested in the opposite:

an interface so that Garnet OS stuff runs on WebOS -- a Garnet emulator.

If there's a market for making old soon-to-be-abandoned Garnet devices run like a Pre, then there's got to be at least as large if not much larger market for making the soon-to-be-embraced (we hope) Pre run Garnet stuff.

No emulator, no way I purchase Pre for at least a year or two. Too many medical software apps which just won't be available for a while, if ever.
    -- Josh
    So are you saying you want to be able to run your Palm apps on webos, kinda like styltap?
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    So are you saying you want to be able to run your Palm apps on webos, kinda like styltap?
    Yes.

Many device users are perfectly satisfied if not dazzled with slick phone, web, pictures, perhaps PIM stuff. But some users, like physicians, need a handheld computer at their fingertips for reference material and PIM constantly. I would be nearly as satisfied with a Tungsten E2 standalone Palm PDA as with my Treo 680.

So until the many Palm OS apps are rewritten for webOS (if ever), I would need a Garnet emulator were I to get a Pre.
    -- Josh
    It's been talked about a lot so far. Eventually someone WILL make it, but only time will tell who or when.
    There is a free PalmOS/ GarnetOS emulator for Linux from Access that runs on the Nokia's N800/ N810... Maemo or something. So...

...considering that webOS has a linux kernel... etc.

But also considering the Palm<->Access equation... etc.

Game over!
    It seems to me that Tealpoint is seriously working on an PalmOS emulator for WebOS. As some have noted, it seems highly suspicious that they were able to produce such a slick and error free emulator as TealOS in so short a time. I think this might be a "Silly Putty" like side product of those efforts, or a warmup project for that team.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    It seems to me that Tealpoint is seriously working on an PalmOS emulator for WebOS. As some have noted, it seems highly suspicious that they were able to produce such a slick and error free emulator as TealOS in so short a time. I think this might be a "Silly Putty" like side product of those efforts, or a warmup project for that team.
    I really doubt that working on reciprocal emulators is two sides of the same coin. But here's hoping. If Pre is as good as advertised AND there is an emulator, I'd be happy to dump AT&T for Sprint.
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    If Pre is as good as advertised AND there is an emulator, I'd be happy to dump AT&T for Sprint.
    -- Josh
    Well, and I'm sure you know of the MotionApps emulator by now, so what say you?

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    It's been talked about a lot so far. Eventually someone WILL make it, but only time will tell who or when.
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

MotionApps.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Just hope the application works better than most of their stuff.