Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I used to own a Verizon Treo 700P. I'm pretty sure I was able to use a specific sound file (ringtone) for arriving mail but my memory is far from perfect. The Treo 700P had both "Mail" and "Versamail" and I used the "Mail" ap with "Wireless Sync" process.

I now have a Centro and my Centro is from Verizon. As I mentioned above, my older Treo had both but I don't see Versamail on the Centro. That's OK with me because the Mail ap worked better than "Versamail" on the Treo anyway. I'm not sure "Versamail" even worked with "Wireless Sync".

When looking up sound options, I do see 1 for "Messaging" and any sound file I choose for that works fine with SMS Text inbound messages but does not work for "Mail"

So, I'm still stumped on how to control the "ring tone" for inbound Mail. I posted at the Centro Forum but could net get a resolution so I thought since I might have gotten a solution in this forum I would ask for your help. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Anyone got ideas?
    I use Chatter and my incoming mail sound is configured from within Chatter's preferences. Maybe the same goes for the email app you're using.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I use Chatter and my incoming mail sound is configured from within Chatter's preferences. Maybe the same goes for the email app you're using.
    Are you using Wireless Sync push email on Verizon?