1.    #1  
    Whoo hoo! When my old XP desktop died in August I was forced to purchase a 64 bit Vista unit. Yep, unable to sync via the USB cable. Purchased a Kensington Bluetooth adaptor, real pain to set up, but managed to get it working . THen, the Palm desktop for Vista refused to work so I finally gave up and put it all away, had to track down my XP laptop whenever I needed to backup/sync my 755P. Well, yesterday I pulled it all out again adn reloaded the Bluetooth and the newest version of the desktop from the Palm site. Hallelujah, it's now working! My only complaint now is my Doc2Go version 10 that I had just purchased before the crash is not compatible with Vista, DataViz tells me I'll have to upgrade (ie. pay them money) for the new version 11
    Quote Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
    Whoo hoo! When my old XP desktop died in August I was forced to purchase a 64 bit Vista unit. Yep, unable to sync via the USB cable. Purchased a Kensington Bluetooth adaptor, real pain to set up, but managed to get it working . THen, the Palm desktop for Vista refused to work so I finally gave up and put it all away, had to track down my XP laptop whenever I needed to backup/sync my 755P. Well, yesterday I pulled it all out again adn reloaded the Bluetooth and the newest version of the desktop from the Palm site. Hallelujah, it's now working! My only complaint now is my Doc2Go version 10 that I had just purchased before the crash is not compatible with Vista, DataViz tells me I'll have to upgrade (ie. pay them money) for the new version 11

Is it that version 10 is not Vista compatible, or only not compatible with the 64-bit version? I've had a lot of programs that run fine under the 32-bit version but not the 64.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
    Whoo hoo!
    I know how you feel. I love syncing via BT. No cables.

Good Luck
    Good to hear they finally got the 64 bit Vista syncing. Over the years I have come to despise desktop implementations of Bluetooth, especially in combination with the horrible problems with Palm's bluetooth. A physical cable is SOOO much more reliable and simpler, even if only USB 1.1.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Is it that version 10 is not Vista compatible, or only not compatible with the 64-bit version? I've had a lot of programs that run fine under the 32-bit version but not the 64.

Well, guess the guy I spoke with just wasn't that up on things. I went into my programs and discovered that I had managed to load the version 10 onto the Vista machine when they originally sent the link. I opened it up and did a test run with a nonsense document that I had and it worked . Now, when I sync the Doc2Go part syncs too. I guess he just didn't want to bother since it didn't mean any $$ for the company. Just glad I didn't "upgrade" like he told me I had to. IIRC, Vista compatability was why I went ahead and upgraded to the Premium edition of Version 10. For some reason he would not send me another email even though I signed up for 10 downloads within a year, meaning I still have about 5 months to go.