Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #61  
    Got confirmation from technical support that the Centro have problems with certain carriers, they even named one here in Sweden. Im on the other big network here so no point changing carrier as the Centro still would have problems.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  2. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #62  
    Got my Centro back today and its the same unit I sent it in to be exchanged.

    Apparently they didnt have any other units to send out to me so they refurbed it once again. (even though it just had been refurbed)

    Will test it for a few days, im hoping it will work. Repair note also mentions software upgrade.
    Last edited by Andreas; 06/13/2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  3. amsparky's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #63  
    I had to exchange my beloved Centro 2 weeks ago and am on my 3rd replacement with another on the way. I have Reset Doctor to tell me what app is running when the unit crashes, but what I am wondering about is the difference between Reset Doctor and SafeGuard.

    Anyone know?
  4. #64  
    The freeze when answering phone calls in the Centro GSM is clearly a hardware issue and having had the Centro for over a year now, I have not seen any clear cut solution that worked. I have used the phone on different carriers, in different countries, so it's not carrier-dependent, but these 2 techniques below that I have come across on different forums have reduced the 5x/day occurrence to 1x/week or less for me:

    1. Take out your SIM card, and put a single layer of transparent scotch tape on it's non-contact surface. Put it back in your Centro so that it is jammed enough.

    2. Only use the green button for answering phone calls and that too with a long press.

    I have Butler, Phone Technician and Power Hero running in the background at all times and do not know if they have played any role in causing/resolving this issue, but I am now satisfied with the phone and can tolerate the once/week freeze (out of the 15-20 calls per day that I receive).

    Let me know if this helps anyone.
  5. kioshi's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #65  
    Hi guys, anybody solved this problem?

    I have a Centro and it had been working 2 months like a charm, but I barely installed any software.

    But then my Tungsten E2 died so I had to install some medical programs I use (according to FileZ I have 70% internal free memory still and 94% on the SD card so I didn't exactly fill up the phone's memory).

    After that, EVERY CALL THATS NOT ON MY CONTACTS (unknown callers) lock up and I have to call them back right after because the phone unlocks after 60ish seconds like people say here.

    Any insights? Thank you very much!

    Oh btw I use a GSM Centro in Brazil, it's not unlocked, I can only use it with SIMs from my carrier, Claro.
  6. #66  
    kioshi,

    Did you try the solutions 1 and 2 I posted above?
    I stopped using the Centro 8 months ago, but till the time I had it the above 2 steps had reduced the problem by 99%.
  7. kioshi's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post
    kioshi,

    Did you try the solutions 1 and 2 I posted above?
    I stopped using the Centro 8 months ago, but till the time I had it the above 2 steps had reduced the problem by 99%.
    Thanks for the quick answer alias!

    Hmmm if i understand correclty the 1st solution is to jam your SIM as much as possible?

    I'll try the second one, although it's weird, I just stress-tested the phone 30 times with my home numbers (I have 3 and removed them from my contacts so they wouldn't be known contacts which never freeze up) and it was okay, but I'll try answering new unknown calls with the green button to see how it goes.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
    Hi guys, anybody solved this problem?

    I have a Centro and it had been working 2 months like a charm, but I barely installed any software.

    But then my Tungsten E2 died so I had to install some medical programs I use (according to FileZ I have 70% internal free memory still and 94% on the SD card so I didn't exactly fill up the phone's memory).

    After that, EVERY CALL THATS NOT ON MY CONTACTS (unknown callers) lock up and I have to call them back right after because the phone unlocks after 60ish seconds like people say here.

    Any insights? Thank you very much!

    Oh btw I use a GSM Centro in Brazil, it's not unlocked, I can only use it with SIMs from my carrier, Claro.
    I would try a free app, CleanStart (by Alex Pruss). Just disable that medical software from being notified at each reset. Centro would ignore their existence untill you call them from the launcher. If you don't need it, also disable files related to car kit, bluetooth.
    That would also keep you memory less fragmented and reduce boot time.

    Please let us know if it works
  9. kioshi's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    I would try a free app, CleanStart (by Alex Pruss). Just disable that medical software from being notified at each reset. Centro would ignore their existence untill you call them from the launcher. If you don't need it, also disable files related to car kit, bluetooth.
    That would also keep you memory less fragmented and reduce boot time.

    Please let us know if it works
    Thank you very much! Installing it now.

    It seems that pressing the green button for some seconds (until the call starts) solved my problem in answering calls, but the Centro still locks up for 60 seconds or so on random occasions.

    I'll let you know if that worked, I don't exactly receive a lot of calls from people I don't know so I'll post in a week or so if it improved
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions