Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I keep receiving this message on my Verizon 755p:

"This shortcut is corrupted, please delete it and recreate a new one."

It shows up when my the cellular service is connecting, after a soft reset or when cell coverage is lost and reacquired.

If you know of a fix, short of a hard reset. Please respond.

I don't know how to find the "shortcut" in question. This started occuring after a hard reset and reinstallation of files.
    I believe that it's the manner of the reinstall. I think you should not install overlapping programs at the same time. I know this sounds like a pain, but try doing another hard reset and install one program at a time until you find the culprit.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Found the problem. It was two-fold. The Saved Preferences file on my backup was corrupted and caused problems when reinstalled. Second, the syncclient, which I don't even use, was missing parts and causing problems.

I was restoring the programs using BackupBuddyVFS. The backup files were corrputed. Hard reset and restore from computer solved the problem.

I've since deleted the backup files and did a new complete back-up.

Interesting annoyance with Palm Technical support. They have no way to to determine which programs are corrupted. They directed me to DbFixit to diagnose and address future problems. On the one hand it is nice that they support the developer community by referring to third party software. On the other, shouldn't they have someway already to diagnose their own products for problems?