Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I only see an option for Messaging in the Sound Control Panel. Not anything separate for each. I get the sound I want for SMS but not for Mail. How do I get control of the Mail sound?
    Hi

My first question is: What mail program are you using as each one works differently.

That said - if you are using versamail goto options/preferences, and then alerts and you can change the alert sound there.

George
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    The Palm Mail ap. Not Versamail. It shows options but sound is not in there.
    The mail app that came on your Centro IS VersaMail.. Unless you mean you downloaded something like ChatterMail from the Palm site?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    The mail app that came on your Centro IS VersaMail.. Unless you mean you downloaded something like ChatterMail from the Palm site?
    Oh. I figured it was thesame as my Treo? It had a "Mail" ap and also "Versamail" which were 2 different processes. The Versamail never did work right but the Mail ap worked perfectly.

Well, at any rate, how do I control which sounds the ap uses?
    Menu>Options>Preferences>Alerts
    My Centro came with both VersaMail and the Sprint Mobile Email programs loaded on it. I use VersaMail, but the other one is a download from Sprint. Not sure what it does, but it was there the first time I turned the phone on.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Menu>Options>Preferences>Alerts
    Not there. Menu>Options>Preferences works but it displays a multi-tab interface for General, Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, and Sent. Nowhere can I access Alerts in the Mail ap.

My Centro is from Verizon. As I mentioned above, my older Treo had both but I don't see Versamail on the Centro. That's OK with me because the Mail ap worked better than Versamail on the Treo anyway.

So, I'm still stumped on how to control the "ring tone" for inbound mail. Inbound SMS option exists in Message ap and works fine for all different sounds.
    Then I'm stumped I thought Sprint was the only carrier that packed a different email app into their Centros..
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Hmmmm. I hope someone can figure it out. Thanks.
    Wait, I have a hunch that you kept your Hotsync UserID the same between devices?

It probably just transferred over duing HotSync. In that case, you may want to head over to the forum of your old Treo, you'll find an answer there.
    hello, if u have ringtones on your centro when u are changing the ringer for your email, scoll down to the ringer u want to set.... i really dont use versamail i use sprint mobile email is better... well that's my opinion..
    Quote Originally Posted by phone queen View Post
    hello, if u have ringtones on your centro when u are changing the ringer for your email, scoll down to the ringer u want to set.... i really dont use versamail i use sprint mobile email is better... well that's my opinion..
    Right, but his problem is that he can't find where to change them..
    sorry i take it back i just tried the gmail in the versamail and no u only have those stupid little tones it comes with....
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    sorry i take it back i just tried the gmail in the versamail and no u only have those stupid little tones it comes with....
    I'm not using Gmail or Versamail. I'm using an ap named "Mail". Perhaps very similar to your ap of choice. If I do and "About" it looks like a Nokia ap but I can't be sure.

Can you modify your email sound in your sprint mobile mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    I'm not using Gmail or Versamail. I'm using an ap named "Mail". Perhaps very similar to your ap of choice. If I do and "About" it looks like a Nokia ap but I can't be sure.

Can you modify your email sound in your sprint mobile mail?

I think the app your are using is Versamail. It is called Email on the icon but it is Versamail. That is what is installed on the Treos and Centros. If you go to the Options menu, the last item should read "about Versamail".

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I think the app your are using is Versamail. It is called Email on the icon but it is Versamail. That is what is installed on the Treos and Centros. If you go to the Options menu, the last item should read "about Versamail".

Really. I suppose it could be but I know for a fact that my Treo 700P had 2 aps. Mail and Versamail. They were not alike.

So, I'm still looking for a way to control incoming mail sound. Do you have any idea?
    to hotkey yes u can in sprint mobile email......go to menu, settings, preferences, alerts,under audible notification 1st line if u want the sound low,med,high then the 2nd row u choose the ringer....
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    to hotkey yes u can in sprint mobile email......go to menu, settings, preferences, alerts,under audible notification 1st line if u want the sound low,med,high then the 2nd row u choose the ringer....
    crap - wish it that ez for verizon email.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    Really. I suppose it could be but I know for a fact that my Treo 700P had 2 aps. Mail and Versamail. They were not alike.

So, I'm still looking for a way to control incoming mail sound. Do you have any idea?
    On my Centro, I select the Email icon. I call up the menu using the Menu button next to the space bar. I select Preferences from the center drop down menu. Under alerts, I check "Alert me of new mail". That brings up the options of choosing the sound that I want, as well as controlling the vibration. This is for email only, not messaging or anything else.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast