Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    On my Centro, I select the Email icon. I call up the menu using the Menu button next to the space bar. I select Preferences from the center drop down menu. Under alerts, I check "Alert me of new mail". That brings up the options of choosing the sound that I want, as well as controlling the vibration. This is for email only, not messaging or anything else.

Hope this helps.

Must be the Versamail ap or the Sprint version of mail. The Alert thing is totally no there in my Mail ap.
    Hi Hotkey

You know there is a way to find out what mail program you are using. Go into the app; press the menu key (bottom row far right); find about and select it. It should then tell you what program and version you are using.

Please let us know.

George
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMacDonald View Post
    Hi Hotkey

You know there is a way to find out what mail program you are using. Go into the app; press the menu key (bottom row far right); find about and select it. It should then tell you what program and version you are using.

Please let us know.

George
    Program name is "Mail". It reads copyright Nokia 1995 - 2006.
    Yeah, you musta hotsynced it over from your old device. Like I said, go to the forum of your old device & ask there. But I imagine if you haven't found it by now, it's not an option.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Not synced over at all. It's part of vanilla install that came with phone from Verizon. When I get time I'll call them.
    Hi

My suggestion is to get a program that is designed to work on Palms. A couple that I know of are snappermail and chattermail(spelling???). Also, you can find out about Palm Version email at:

Email setup for the Palm Centro (Verizon) smartphone

Hope this helps

George

P.S. I use Snappermail and Versamail on my 755 and my wife uses Versamail on her Centro and we are happy with our setups.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Hi

My suggestion is to get a program that is designed to work on Palms. A couple that I know of are snappermail and chattermail(spelling???). Also, you can find out about Palm Version email at:

Email setup for the Palm Centro (Verizon) smartphone

Hope this helps

George

P.S. I use Snappermail and Versamail on my 755 and my wife uses Versamail on her Centro and we are happy with our setups.
    Do you use Wireless Sync for push email?
    No - my 755 checks mail every couple of hours for new mail. I believe that snappermail's top option does support push.

George
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    No - my 755 checks mail every couple of hours for new mail. I believe that snappermail's top option does support push.

George
    Ya - I think that's the issue. I'm stick using Mail as long as I use Verizon Wireless Sync function.
    Look at the the reference above. It has three option that work with wireless sinc. I think there may be a solution to your problem there.

George
    hotkey: Just curious, what is your reason for not using VersaMail??

Also, are there any Verison users here that can confirm the Mail app comes installed?? I just think it very strange that a Nokia mail app would come packaged on a Palm device.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    hotkey: Just curious, what is your reason for not using VersaMail??

Also, are there any Verizon users here that can confirm the Mail app comes installed?? I just think it very strange that a Nokia mail app would come packaged on a Palm device.
    When I had the Treo 700P it had both Mail and Versamail ap. But I could only get the Mail ap to work with Wireless Sync. The way the Wireless Sync has been working is that all my mail mail goes thru GMail and to my own PC arriving in Outlook 2003. Basically its then sync'd with Palm device wirelessly (and also syncs all Outlook calendar and contact data).

I did just install Versamail and its configured to sync GMail using IMAP, and it seems Outlook calendar changes are still being syncd as well. So maybe this will work. We'll just see how it goes.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    LOL - What a riot! The ONLY reason I was working on this was because I was trying to get a specific sound to play when mail arrived. The setting option in Versamail is there BUT it only has 7 tones set as available selections!!!! It does NOT allow me to choose the sound I want.

Lotta work for nuthin.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Look at the the reference above. It has three option that work with wireless sinc. I think there may be a solution to your problem there.

George
    Right - the 3rd option is what I use and it uses the Mail ap as I have described in prior posts.

Anyway, see my post above about the whole effort being for naught anyway since this version of Versamail does not allow user selected sounds. How lame.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12