1.    #1  
    Is it possible to download gmail for a Sprint Centro? While Versamail downloads new gmail, it logs each new message one by one instead of in threads like Gmail does. I cannot believe Centro/Palm does not allow for Gmail App, I don't know why, but I do know if I had known this I never would have gotten a Palm product. Thanks for any help/advice!
    If you can find the IBM Java VM for Palm, you can install the Gmail app. I have it on my Centro.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise View Post
    If you can find the IBM Java VM for Palm, you can install the Gmail app. I have it on my Centro.
    While the IBM Java VM/Gmail app provides a good representation of the overall Gmail 'feel', there are some serious shortcomings, IMO:

• Lack of copy/paste
    • Cannot download or send attachments
      • This is especially bothersome in that you cannot open and install an attached .prc file like you can in Versamail

I've got them both on my Centro. I had been using only the IBM VM/Gmail app for quite a while, but the above shortcomings finally prompted me to try the new version of Versamail. It works fairly well, but it too is exhibiting some odd behavior. I agree that a native Gmail app for the Centro would be ideal, but it's pretty unlikely. I guess it's just another sign of the age and increasing incompatibility of the Garnet OS.

sleepy
    Last edited by sleepyEDB; 03/25/2009 at 07:28 AM.
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyEDB View Post
    While the IBM Java VM/Gmail app provides a good representation of the overall Gmail 'feel', there are some serious shortcomings, IMO:

• Lack of copy/paste
    • Cannot download or send attachments
      • I could be mistaken about this. I do know, however, that you cannot open and install an attached .prc file like you can in Versamail

I've got them both on my Centro. I had been using only the IBM VM/Gmail app for quite a while, but the above shortcomings finally prompted me to try the new version of Versamail. It works fairly well, but it too is exhibiting some odd behavior. I agree that a native Gmail app for the Centro would be ideal, but it's pretty unlikely. I guess it's just another sign of the age and increasing incompatibility of the Garnet OS.

sleepy
    Don't you know which is the latest version for Palm OS? I use 1.0.0b on my Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by vargabor View Post
    Don't you know which is the latest version for Palm OS? I use 1.0.0b on my Centro.
    The latest version of the IBM Java VM/Gmail app? How does one even check the version...the options within the program are very limited. I've had it for two years if not longer, so it's very possible that I don't have the latest version. I'd very much appreciate a link to an updated version if you have one.

Thanks,

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley