Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    This is great! Just d/led the trial and impressed with it's smoothness and functionality. A great way to get a taster of the good things to come for us Centro users.

    http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetm.../02/tealos.jpg
  2. #2  
    I've installed the trial of TealOs, it's cool to use it, but everytime it starting to build a list of apps installed on 4GB SD card my Centro resets.
  3.    #3  
    Ah right haven't had any issues with it at all yet. Runs very well.
  4. #5  
    Well, I really love the interface, but I find I'm missing two things so far. First, using the side button to get rid of the drop down menu. Second, pressing the first letter of a program to go quickly to those letters in the home folder. Too soon to tell yet if I'll keep it, but I'm thinking I will, if just for the cool factor and I can always go back to the old style home screen.
    Last edited by RickMG; 02/22/2009 at 01:19 AM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    using the side button to get rid of the drop down menu.
    What do you mean by that?
  6. #7  
    I bought TealOS and now registered it. It is really nice looking. Easy to use and they are updating it almost daily as new issues get solved. Thats good support. By far the best looking Launcher for PalmOS on the planet. I can't wait to get a Pre!!!!
  7. #8  
    I love it
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

    Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  8. #9  
    I tried it last night. I am very impressed by how solid this is out the door.
    No it doesn't keep more than one app open at a time -- that is a PALM OS issue, I would assume. But the OS puts a nice face on the the recent app functionality that is available when you hold down the App key (or in McPhling).
    There was definitely a lag in switching -- after all the programs are being reloaded, but not as sigificant as in the video -- I was kind of surprised they didn't even attempt to hide that.

    (I am definitely thinking about purchasing this. They do have a nag screen that makes it unusable for an extended test, but that's forgivable as it's a nice piece of software and not too expensive. It's only that I just recently upgraded from a 680 to the Centro and am enjoying a relatively reset free respite, and don't want to tempt that equilibrium just yet.)
  9. #10  
    Hey guys,

    Don't overlook this other thread as well. The mods maybe should consider combining the two.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-skin-pos.html

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    One of the shortcuts you learn using a Treo or Centro is that when you're using the drop down menu (far bottom right key on your keyboard), the easy way to get rid of that drop down menu is just tap the bottom button on the side under the volume buttons. It doesn't do this with TealOS. Again, a small price to pay for having this as I love it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  11. #12  
    Oh hah, I use TreoSkey & use the side button to select, so mine acts a bit differently
  12. #13  
    I think this is awesome! I'm a bit let down, as I thought there might have been a chance that it was actually WebOS, but it works excellent! Totally worth $15, in my opinion. I tried TouchLauncher and TreoLauncher, but I think this one is much better. Being a programmer myself, just seeing that someone did this much to emulate WebOS is deserving of $15.

    Only 2 gripes (may have been mentioned previously):

    1. Can't jump to apps by pressing keys (very minor, as using the 5-way on my Centro moves up and down pages, so getting to the bottom of my app list is ~3 "Down" clicks).
    2. Some apps are being duplicated. I have 2 Google Maps, 2 Security and 2 pTunes icons, and I'd really like to get that cleaned up. The System shows only 1 record of each. The TealOS "Apps" list shows older versions, but only under "Info", it won't let you "Delete" them. Either way, also very minor.

    That said, let's pray that Palm doesn't decide to order them to take it down, or something silly like that...
    VZW Centro
  13. #14  
    I like the TealOS. Yes, it is just a launcher, but I use the card view to open up what ever apps I'll need later and leave them in the card view. It is kind of like a customizable quick launch page. The apps I have in the cards change based on where and what I'm doing. It just makes it easier to get to the apps I'll need.

    I also like the look of it and it does bring a newer look to Palm OS 5.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

    Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
  14. mrbears's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjust View Post
    I think this is awesome! I'm a bit let down, as I thought there might have been a chance that it was actually WebOS, but it works excellent! Totally worth $15, in my opinion. I tried TouchLauncher and TreoLauncher, but I think this one is much better. Being a programmer myself, just seeing that someone did this much to emulate WebOS is deserving of $15.

    Only 2 gripes (may have been mentioned previously):

    1. Can't jump to apps by pressing keys (very minor, as using the 5-way on my Centro moves up and down pages, so getting to the bottom of my app list is ~3 "Down" clicks).
    2. Some apps are being duplicated. I have 2 Google Maps, 2 Security and 2 pTunes icons, and I'd really like to get that cleaned up. The System shows only 1 record of each. The TealOS "Apps" list shows older versions, but only under "Info", it won't let you "Delete" them. Either way, also very minor.

    That said, let's pray that Palm doesn't decide to order them to take it down, or something silly like that...
    Hi, John.

    I am also imprressed with this. Both of your gripes were corrected in the
    new update. This developer is very responsive to feedback and program
    is awesome.

    Definitely worth getting it without question! Highly recommended.
  15. #16  
    bought this one already before Palm tries to bring it down
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbears View Post
    Hi, John.

    I am also imprressed with this. Both of your gripes were corrected in the
    new update. This developer is very responsive to feedback and program
    is awesome.

    Definitely worth getting it without question! Highly recommended.
    Nice, thanks for the info. Justin, by the way...

    I like the jumping by letter, but the duplication is still there, but I think I get it now. The original Google Maps, Security, and pTunes are part of ROM, so they probably can't be removed... oh well, still - the launcher is great.
    VZW Centro
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjust View Post
    but the duplication is still there, but I think I get it now. The original Google Maps, Security, and pTunes are part of ROM, so they probably can't be removed...
    Run the "Force Full Scan" twice found in the drop down menu and it will get rid of the duplicates.

    Good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Run the "Force Full Scan" twice found in the drop down menu and it will get rid of the duplicates.

    Good luck
    That didn't work for me.

    It also said categories would be reset and nothing happened there, soft reset didn't do anything either.
    VZW Centro
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjust View Post
    That didn't work for me.

    It also said categories would be reset and nothing happened there, soft reset didn't do anything either.
    I would report it to their tech support on their web site.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions