Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    In order to post photos to your Facebook account, it is required that the photo be sent by MMS to mobile@facebook.com. Regular email won't work. Presumably this is because they want to make sure the phone owner is the account owner and is the one who sent the photo.

However, on my Treo 755p, MMS appears to be part of SMS, and it requires a mobile number as the destination, not an email address.

Am I right? Is this impossible from my Treo 755p?
    I haven't sent a photo from my Treo 755p to Facebook, mainly because I prefer to upload a pic from my computer to Facebook. (I usually like to crop or 'fix' a pic before posting to Facebook.)

But, I have sent a pic from my Treo 755p to an email account.

For practice, try sending a pic from your Treo to your own email account.

To answer your question, yes........ it CAN be done.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    There is a mobile Facebook app that you can install on the 755, I have it. You open the application on your treo and you can take and upload mobile photos and even put in a comment on the photo, right on your phone. I do it all the time.

http://mobile.palm.com/us/mobi/facebook/
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Delpita: sending a photo by email is NOT the same as sending a photo by MMS. And Facebook requires that you send it by MMS -- to an email address. If you use the regular email app, Facebook rejects it. It has to be an MMS sent to an email address. Which I couldn't figure out how to do -- the regular SMS app only lets you send media to phone numbers.

It turns out that the PictureMail option is what I wanted. On the standard Pics&Videos screen, when viewing thumbnail images, at the bottom right there is an envelope icon. Tap this and you get the PictureMail send screen which lets you type an email address. About a half hour after I posted last night I discovered this and it worked fine.

dollface: Thanks for the link, I will try out the app soon. If it's more convenient than PictureMail I might use it, but I don't really need it.
    @ Dollface: Oh yea, I forgot about the mobile Facebook app. I rarely use it. I prefer to check via m.facebook.com

@ rpresser: It IS possible to send a pic from text messaging to an email address. I do it all the time. It's basically the same way you suggested when sending a pic via PictureMail option. While in the text messaging, on "To:", you can either start typing a person's name and choose their email address, or just type their email address. Then click on "Add media", then you can attach a picture/video.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    the photo integration with your phone is the best reason to use the facebook app. its painless and doesn't waste an MMS. just my $0.02 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Contradude View Post
    the photo integration with your phone is the best reason to use the facebook app. its painless and doesn't waste an MMS. just my $0.02 though.

Exactly, that is why I suggested the Facebook app, when you go into the Facebook app and click on your photo album and click Upload, it takes you right to your albums so that you can choose your photo to upload; then it uploads it instantly onto Facebook and you can then add a comment on it. emailing or texting your photo to Facebook takes more time and if you want to make a comment on the photo, you still need to then go to the Facebook website. I also use m.facebook.com on Blazer to read the website, but whenever I am uploading mobile photos, I use the Facebook app. You can use both.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Just goes to show you never stop finding out new things this phone can do. I thought i had it pretty well dialed in. I have never hit the envelope icon in the pic thumbnails. It looked like a text message but i put my email address in and it worked. then from my lap top i hit reply and it puts your cell#@vzwpix.com (witch you never see or use) and a while later it showed up as a text with the pic attachment. Again Awsome. Thanks and Thanks to treo central for this site.
    Kyocera 7135, 700p, 755p and waiting for the next one. yehh!! PALM PRE please come to verizon.
    This thread has me confused. Any assistance from someone patient would be appreciated.

I have a 755P and have Facebook mobile application downloaded to my 755P. I can't figure out how to upload picture from my 755P to facebook.

I have read and reread the thread. Any step by step assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dorothy
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Dorothy, all you have to do is open the picture in pics/vid folder. Then press menu>send>facebook uploader. The face book app will take over from there. Voila! Hope this helps.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Uuhm .. send it to fbook (what is that, 32664 .. something like that).

FBook

If i remember correctly