Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 527
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    Any thoughts? even performed a soft reset and a forced scan but no luck. Not a big deal really I just categorized the extras in a different category. Also performing the force scan does not wipe out my categories like stated on the warning screen.

    Still a wonderful product.

    Wish list items,

    file manager
    ability to soft reset device from home screen pull down
    ability to move files by simply holding down the icon to bring up an actions toolbar like zlauncher.

    The latest version 1.6 will address the duplicate icons but you might have to run the "Force Full Scann" from the drop down menu twice. I did it twice and the duplicates were removed.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  2. #142  
    loved the last update enabling typing the first letter of the app to search for it on the launcher. Flicking is cool but just way too counter productive
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    wow! they are FAST! I just asked for those fixes today and they're already done! I'm gonna try out the fixes when I get home. I'm really tempted to buy the thing now. Very very tempted.
    I think they had a lot of buyer of this app thats making updates much faster
  4. #144  
    Agreed. That was my major complaint with the first version. I love being able to hit the letter to jump to an app!
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    ...
    Does one just download and install the updates?
    Yes. Just reinstall over the top of the previous version.
  6. #146  
    I just downloaded it and gave it a try....

    I do love the card view that shows the last state an app was in. Though the cards really are just shortcuts that launch the desired app. If the app is remembers it's last state then it gives the illusion of multitasking, though in reality there is no multitasking. There is also considerable lag when launching programs from card view.

    I do find the side swipe to switch between apps difficult to perform. I also find it difficult to bring up the wave launcher. This seems to be an issue with particular applications. Those that accept input toward the bottom of the seem to prevent those events from being sent to the launcher.

    The scrolling is smooth. Considering it's a resistive single touch screen.

    I did notice that though categories are transfered, the list of apps in them aren't. So you have to recaterogize everything just for TealOS.

    I would say that if you like the look and feel of webOS this app seems to mimic it very well. Of course now I will probably miss the D-pad when I get a Pre...it really does make navigating things easier, but I wouldn't want to risk losing screen real estate just for it.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    I just downloaded it and gave it a try....

    There is also considerable lag when launching programs from card view.

    I do find the side swipe to switch between apps difficult to perform. I also find it difficult to bring up the wave launcher. This seems to be an issue with particular applications. Those that accept input toward the bottom of the seem to prevent those events from being sent to the launcher.
    I haven't experienced any lag when launching from the card view.

    As far as swiping, I use the 5-way nav. I still don't like touching the screen.

    I agree with you on the floating quick launch. I have less of a problem using it with the stylus but using a finger is more of a challenge so I'll probably only do it to show off to my friends with iPhones.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  8. #148  
    This just reinforces my disappointment at the lack of a 5-way on the Pre. Needn't have taken up any more space than their button, and besides being very useful, would have kept the screen a lot cleaner.
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    This just reinforces my disappointment at the lack of a 5-way on the Pre. Needn't have taken up any more space than their button, and besides being very useful, would have kept the screen a lot cleaner.
    I'm with you on this johncc.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  10. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #150  
    Is there any way to disable the background picture/wallpaper? I only see an option for using default.

    Also, I prefer the List view for apps so I can see more on the screen. Is there any way to enable List view in TealOS? I hate the big icons and it's especially a nuisance with TealOS taking up screen space with the Quick Launch Bar. I can only see 9 icons at a time.

    Besides these complaints, what a cool app for my aging 650!
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
    Is there any way to disable the background picture/wallpaper? I only see an option for using default.

    Also, I prefer the List view for apps so I can see more on the screen. Is there any way to enable List view in TealOS? I hate the big icons and it's especially a nuisance with TealOS taking up screen space with the Quick Launch Bar. I can only see 9 icons at a time.

    Besides these complaints, what a cool app for my aging 650!
    For the wallpaper, just hotsync a 320X320 image of all white or all black or whatever color you want.

    About list view, it's not yet an option for the app, but it's worth a shot contacting them with the request, they're awesome with seeing to customer needs.
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
    Is there any way to disable the background picture/wallpaper? I only see an option for using default.
    New option in 1.07 to disable the background picture
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  13. #153  
    I really love the look of TealOS but find it takes too long to load the apps screen and scroll through categories. Would love it to be snappier on my Centro. An option to turn off the animation for the apps screens would be very helpful for when you want it as a fast working apps launcher and not just for showing off to friends.
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhlb View Post
    I really love the look of TealOS but find it takes too long to load the apps screen and scroll through categories. Would love it to be snappier on my Centro. An option to turn off the animation for the apps screens would be very helpful for when you want it as a fast working apps launcher and not just for showing off to friends.
    Your wish was granted yesterday- download the 1.07 beta from Teal's site.

    & if you want to speed it up, I've heard that LightSpeed works very well with TealOS.
  15. #155  
    Wow. 1.07 is big improvement. The apps launcher is snappier. A few suggestions for improvements to the apps launcher...

    1. Could an option be given for the "All" and "Card" categories to be hidden
    2. Could an indicator be given to show that more icons are below the bottom of the page when you have more than will fit on one screen
    3. Could an option be given to remove the apps launcher icon on the quick launch bar when the quick launch bar is hidden. I prefer to use the home button on the Centro rather than thumb the icon.
    4. Could there be a way to organise categories to scroll in the order you want them to and not alphabetically

    Otherwise - great responsiveness from the developer. Such a delight to see suggestions resulting in changes and so quickly.

    Many thanks
  16. #156  
    Version 1.08 - February 26, 2009
    Added support for holding app button on devices that bring up history list
    Added option to individually remap apps button and or icons
    Added option to bring up wave inside TealOS home screen
    Fixed power-up to force display backlight on when activated
    Fixed app screen refresh after registering

    Anyone get the first option to work the way it's vaguely worded? I read it to mean that if I'm in TealOS I could hold down the app button (button 4) to bring up palms recent app list (history list) but it's not happening that way for me. It brings up TealOS's built in app launcher instead. And if I'm outside of TealOS, I can get to palms recent apps list with one tap of the app button, and to TealOS with two taps of the app button.
    Not working they way I thought it would.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Version 1.08 - February 26, 2009
    Added support for holding app button on devices that bring up history list
    Added option to individually remap apps button and or icons
    Added option to bring up wave inside TealOS home screen
    Fixed power-up to force display backlight on when activated
    Fixed app screen refresh after registering

    Anyone get the first option to work the way it's vaguely worded? I read it to mean that if I'm in TealOS I could hold down the app button (button 4) to bring up palms recent app list (history list) but it's not happening that way for me. It brings up TealOS's built in app launcher instead. And if I'm outside of TealOS, I can get to palms recent apps list with one tap of the app button, and to TealOS with two taps of the app button.
    Not working they way I thought it would.
    I think before you couldn't get access to the Palm recent list and now they fixed it so you can get to it. It is working for me when I'm in another app beside TealOS Launcher. I have to say I love the lil snappy speed increase and so far the Beta is pretty stable.
  18. #158  
    Yeah, I can get it to work outside of TealOS but I don't have to "hold the app button" as it is worded. I just press it once for recent apps, twice for TealOS. The way it's worded, since in functionality from using this version holding the app button doesn't do anything besides launch the last application (if outside of TealOS), it sounds like you could hold the app button while in TealOS to bring up the recent app list to make a selection.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  19. #159  
    Great app, works pretty good on my Centro. I had a few bugs at first but they were all addressed in the updates.
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Yeah, I can get it to work outside of TealOS but I don't have to "hold the app button" as it is worded. I just press it once for recent apps, twice for TealOS. The way it's worded, since in functionality from using this version holding the app button doesn't do anything besides launch the last application (if outside of TealOS), it sounds like you could hold the app button while in TealOS to bring up the recent app list to make a selection.
    Same here! I now have the McPhiling program working within TealOS. It wasn't working in earlier versions.
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions