Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Version 1.06's alphabetic search is as described and just works on the first letter.

It would be nice if it successively refined the search as additional letters were pressed and launched if only 1 program remained.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    New version

Version 1.06 - February 23, 2009
    · Added support for seeking to icon in launcher screen by entering first letter of app
    · Added new “force scan” menu to regenerate icon cache files
    · Fixed icon duplication from ROM apps that have been upgraded by new RAM version
    · Fixed icon scrolling bug which caused inconsistent icon positions and inability to scroll to list bottom
    wow! they are FAST! I just asked for those fixes today and they're already done! I'm gonna try out the fixes when I get home. I'm really tempted to buy the thing now. Very very tempted.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhlb View Post
    I am a big fan of Zlauncher but am seriously thinking of going over to Tealos. My only concern is regard to moving apps to the microsdcard feature of Zlauncher. Does TealOs allow you to move apps to the card and run them from there?
    Me too, I love Zlauncher. And that's a good question, which I'd also like to know. I move things to/from my card frequently. I like being able to easily see what's on my card, which is why I don't like the regular Palm OS.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Resizing worked just fine! Thanks... Another point I noticed is that unlike what was shown for the WebOS, you can't start typing a name/number on the home screen... need to go to the 'phone' screen or go to the contacts page....
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    New version

Version 1.06 - February 23, 2009
    · Added support for seeking to icon in launcher screen by entering first letter of app
    · Added new “force scan” menu to regenerate icon cache files
    · Fixed icon duplication from ROM apps that have been upgraded by new RAM version
    · Fixed icon scrolling bug which caused inconsistent icon positions and inability to scroll to list bottom
    Unfortunately it didn't fixed all the duplicates for me. They suggested running the "Force Full Scan".

After running Force Full Scan the following icons are still duplicated:
    Documents to Go
    GoogleMaps
    My Centro
    pTunes

The duplicate icons are associated with previous versions of the same apps.
    However the standard Palm Launcher doesn't display the duplicate icons nor are the apps duplicated in the info list of the standard Launcher.

1.06 did fix the scrolling issue.

I've contacted them again and will post here if they have any other suggestions short of deleting them myself.

That was a quick turnaround on the support issue I sent this morning.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    TurboTiger,
    You might want to try Force Scan again, I did and it fixed the double icons for me. I had the same double Icons that you do. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Unfortunately it didn't fixed all the duplicates for me. They suggested running the "Force Full Scan".

After running Force Full Scan the following icons are still duplicated:
    Documents to Go
    GoogleMaps
    My Centro
    pTunes

The duplicate icons are associated with previous versions of the same apps.
    However the standard Palm Launcher doesn't display the duplicate icons nor are the apps duplicated in the info list of the standard Launcher.

1.06 did fix the scrolling issue.

I've contacted them again and will post here if they have any other suggestions short of deleting them myself.

That was a quick turnaround on the support issue I sent this morning.

Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerpa View Post
    TurboTiger,
    You might want to try Force Scan again, I did and it fixed the double icons for me. I had the same double Icons that you do. Hope that helps.
    Much too easy of a solution hikerpa.

It worked. Tks alot. Had to run it twice and it worked.

Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 02/23/2009 at 07:39 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just use TealOS and Linkstart and that is a good combination if you will miss the run app from microsd function of zlauncher.
    I think this App is amazing, and it will certainly help making the wait until the "real" Pre comes out. I just have one question. Has anyone else noticed on their 755p that the phone hard button no longer works correctly? It now does the same thing as the home button - it launches the Application screen!!! The only way to launch the phone app is to touch the phone icon on the quick launch screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I think this App is amazing, and it will certainly help making the wait until the "real" Pre comes out. I just have one question. Has anyone else noticed on their 755p that the phone hard button no longer works correctly? It now does the same thing as the home button - it launches the Application screen!!! The only way to launch the phone app is to touch the phone icon on the quick launch screen.
    Hmm, thats strange. That doesn't happen to me. Then again I don't have the phone button to launch the default phone app, it opens up Dialbyphoto. I agree, with some reports saying its coming out later in the first half of 09 I think I can get by with this skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    No issues like that on my Centro.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Any thoughts? even performed a soft reset and a forced scan but no luck. Not a big deal really I just categorized the extras in a different category. Also performing the force scan does not wipe out my categories like stated on the warning screen.

Still a wonderful product.

Wish list items,

file manager
    ability to soft reset device from home screen pull down
    ability to move files by simply holding down the icon to bring up an actions toolbar like zlauncher.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    I like the TealOS. Yes, it is just a launcher, but I use the card view to open up what ever apps I'll need later and leave them in the card view. It is kind of like a customizable quick launch page. The apps I have in the cards change based on where and what I'm doing. It just makes it easier to get to the apps I'll need.

I also like the look of it and it does bring a newer look to Palm OS 5.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    This is definatley the coolest launcher I have tried in years for Palm OS. Now, if Tealpoint figures out a way to return to an application where it just left off, then they could have the most revolutionary launcher ever made for the almost extinct Palm OS.

I have been able to pseudo-multitask with an little known app called Accessorizer by A. Pruss, it will alow you to come back to an previously open application EXACTLY where you left off.
    So it can be done, they just need to figure it out
    Last edited by migs; 02/24/2009 at 12:50 PM.
    I'm thinking about buying it just to get rid of that devilish screen that asks you to buy it LOL
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    WM user just waiting for the Pre, but I have an old Treo 600 that I fired up with TealOS. Cool program. Definitely a little slow, but I like it anyway. I just think flicking programs off the screen is cool. Definitely gets me excited about the Pre. Also dig the ability to "turn pages" between cards. Reminds me of Firefox tabs - very simple and easy.

Program locked up for me a couple times, but I was giving it a pretty hard time.

HOWEVER, I have not been able to get the wave launcher to come up once. I guess this has been an issue for people, because TealPoint had some tips, but none of them worked for me. Weird. Submitted it to Teal's support. Anybody else have the same issue?

All being said, I think it's a great PREcursor.
    I think you may be trying to pull up the Wave Launcher on the Teal OS main page... that doesn't quite work (weird huh!?) Anyway... if you're on anyother app. that's when it comes up... atleast that's how I found it and use it...
    pre Pre.

Pre2
    Prex2
    2Pre
    Or not 2 Pre.....
    Me likey so much that I paid for it.
    After all these years, and yet another skin, a good one. Maybe its the pre thang!
    But works flawlessly.
    Does one just download and install the updates?
    Wish they made it updateable OTA. Just like a pre would be.
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast