Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    can somebody merge these two threads?
    Pretty cool! ... TealOS resurrected my 680!
    <<edited for inappropriate language>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/22/2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    geez,

This is such a duplicate thread.

Can a moderator merge these or something?
    <<<done>>>
    Just call me Berd.
    The nag screen is far too naggy. My guess is they authors wanted to get in as much Nag as possible before either the Pre coming out or Palm's cease and desist letter comes though spoiling the party.
    Carl Started a Thread in the Centro Forums:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ng-centro.html
    Just call me Berd.
    can u merge that one too
    The part I wasn't sure about was;

Will people in the Pre Forums be interested in this? - Yes
    Would people in the Centro Forums be interested? - Yes

Ultimately this Topic would be in the 'Palm OS Apps' forum.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The part I wasn't sure about was;

Will people in the Pre Forums be interested in this? - Yes
    Would people in the Centro Forums be interested? - Yes

Ultimately this Topic would be in the 'Palm OS Apps' forum.
    so are you just going to leave it alone?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    so are you just going to leave it alone?
    For the meantime, I think so.
    People coming here to the Pre Forums might find this exciting.
    I put a link to here from there, and from here to there.

Just look how many have posted here, and only 3 there.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    For the meantime, I think so.
    People coming here to the Pre Forums might find this exciting.
    I put a link to here from there, and from here to there.

Just look how many have posted here, and only 3 there.
    And 0 in the PalmOS thread where it belongs. I guess Pre is where all the action is.
    Yeah. It's where I'VE been spendin' my days (nights)!
    Pre, Pre, Pre, Pre, ooohmmm, oohmm~~~
    Happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts and it will arrive.
    How many of these topics were merged geesh LOL.

Anyway I wish we could do the scrolling contacts thing with the cards...man I love webOS
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Verdict in, OP. This is a bunch of giggles (until . . .). Thnx.
    Wow, they are quick with the updates. Updated to 1.05, major fix is the the bottom portion of the app listing for categories is fixed and now have access to all the apps.

EDIT: Another thing I forgot to mention is that they put the nagging feature to popup less. Since I have it registered already I can't say how much they reduce it by but anything should be better than what they had before.
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 02/22/2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Update
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    This is very, very interesting.

I don't think it's even remotely possible that Tealpoint could have created this app in the time since CES. If I'm right, that means Teal had knowledge of the WebOS interface well before CES. Which implies Teal will be providing WebOS apps pretty soon.
    I agree...and this is a win-win situation for both Palm and Teal.

1. Palm users now get to play with a WebOS "simulator" just before the Pre is released. So the navigation transition from Palm OS to WebOS will not be too bad. In other words, Palm is getting us ready by providing us early "hands-on training". This just builds the excitment.

2. Since the speculation of when the Pre will be released is all over the place, with some dates as early as next month, it was a smart move for Teal to add that nagging registration screen. By doing that many will feel force to purchase it. At $14.95 it will feel like is well worth to easy the transition, get people ready, etc. With the economy the way it is, there will be many who may decide to wait on purchasing the Pre and just install TealOS on their current Treo to use through this year.

Both Palm and Teal will benefit very much from this application...IMHO.

By the way...yep I just bought it.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Myself, i don't get it. When that touch launcher came out, i didn't then. I prefer the centro (wife still uses) as it is. All these things do is cause lag and they don't add anything useful.

I got buttons for mail, calendar, etc. Why would i need a launcher? It's not multitasking, there's no need for cards or sliding em up to close.

<<<With the economy the way it is, there will be many who may decide to wait on purchasing the Pre and just install TealOS on their current Treo to use through this year>>>

Why in the world would people prefer to install this and wait on the Pre? TealOS???
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    is it worth the fifteen dollars?
    I haven't paid for it yet but i plan to soon because this app is awesome! Totally worth the money, and I never ever pay for apps...

Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    One thing TealOS showed me is how nice the Pre would be if they kept the d-pad. I love using the 5way nav pad to navigate through the cards, still keeping the Treo a stylus free device
    I was thinking the same thing... After Palm sees how well this apps works with the 5 way navigation and how nice it is to have physical launcher buttons in addition to the software options for launching applications they should really think about bringing back physical buttons on future webOS devices.
    Keep in mind I have never used the real webOS on the Pre so it could be that gestures are inherently better than buttons...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Myself, i don't get it. When that touch launcher came out, i didn't then. I prefer the centro (wife still uses) as it is. All these things do is cause lag and they don't add anything useful.

I got buttons for mail, calendar, etc. Why would i need a launcher? It's not multitasking, there's no need for cards or sliding em up to close.
    It's all about personal preference. Some people will like it and some will not.

Why in the world would people prefer to install this and wait on the Pre? TealOS???
    Hmmm...$14.95 instead of $99, $199, $299...whatever price the Pre ends up being. Maybe, just maybe there are some who would not want to spend that amount of money on a new phone right now. Other priorities.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    One reason: Because they don't want to or can't switch to Sprint...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

So they'd rather put a skin on their phone, cause more lag, and pretend its a pre? OK..lol
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast