Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    i had the beta of tealpoint OS. I was going to buy it but did not get around to it. It expired today. I am bummed.

Teal wheel looks interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    i had the beta of tealpoint OS. I was going to buy it but did not get around to it. It expired today. I am bummed.

I'm sorry to hear that. (Not to rub salt in the wound but...I find that I'm using it even more, now that they had that major blitz of upgrades over the last weekend.)

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post

Someone mentioned that you can still buy TealOS at the Palm Software Store. The link is below if you're interested.

TealOS Plus - WebOS style skin for PalmOS for Palm OS by TealPoint Software
    ♥ Heather ♥
    Nice eye candy, I'll give them that. I can't use it for 3 minutes without getting a nag to buy it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Nice eye candy, I'll give them that. I can't use it for 3 minutes without getting a nag to buy it...
    If you like it you better buy it soon before that link above is shut down.. or else when your 30 day trial period is up you'll never be able to use it again... in which case you might as well delete it now, knowing such a fate.

[Edit: Well, looks like that link is already dead. No point in keeping a lame horse around, right?]
    I'm sorry this was probably asked already...

but is there a way to turn off the creation of 'new' cards? (And I'm not referring to the ability to disable (10 cards) in listed apps, through the Cards option.) I know that might seem counter-intuitive to the concept of cards but there are plenty of applications that I don't want to see, as well as cluttering things up w/the creation of more cards. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: To answer my own question (in case anyone else wants to know, too)...

Someone pm'ed me with,

"There are several ways to stop new cards that you can use. First, you can set the exclusion list, as an "inclusion" one by setting the card preferences to only create cards "for listed apps". This will limit you to a total of 10 cards however.

The other way is to lock all your current cards, then set the maximum number of cards to the number you already have."

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 04/03/2009 at 03:51 PM.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Anyone else notice how much faster you can swipe between categories when you hide the icon names?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Anyone else notice how much faster you can swipe between categories when you hide the icon names?
    I have never, ever, been able to get swipe to work on my 680. Nothing has ever happened, so I disabled it.

Good to know it's working for you, tho!

EDIT: Cripes, I'm such a dope. I only realized NOW that swipes are used on the Launcher pages; I always thought they were used on the application pages.

Never mind me.
    Time is money, and life is change.
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryL View Post
    I have never, ever, been able to get swipe to work on my 680. Nothing has ever happened, so I disabled it.

EDIT: Cripes, I'm such a dope. I only realized NOW that swipes are used on the Launcher pages; I always thought they were used on the application pages.

Never mind me.
    I think you're a bit confused, there's two separate ideas here:

Fanofdatreo is talking about swiping in the launcher.

But you were also right in thinking that the 'swipes' settings is for within apps.

To easily see how the swipes work, (first make sure you re-enable them!) take out your stylus, then open any app. now swipe your stylus from the bottom-left corner along the frame of the screen all the way to the bottom-right. If you still cant get this to work, re-calibrate your screen and try again.

Teal made the sensitivity area for the swipes very small because any larger & it would interfere with button pressing within many apps. This is why many people have a hard time getting it to work (especially with the DEEP screens on Treos!), but make a habit of using your thumbnail & it becomes second-nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryL View Post

Never mind me.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I see that fstopstigmata has offered you some suggestions, so this may/may not be important, but can you "navigate" between (launcher) categories using the 5-way? (I myself don't swipe much.)

Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    But you were also right in thinking that the 'swipes' settings is for within apps.
    Although I'll probably never use it, I didn't know about that feature,

Tks
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    One good thing about this app: Today I turned it off, and I can't tell it was ever there. That is a good thing.

As I have said, the eye candy is nice, but I use hard buttons and quick keys (hold down a key) to launch all of my commonly used apps. For others, I just use the built in launcher. The only thing I really miss about TealOS is the ability to mix the apps on my SD card in with the apps in RAM on the same category. I wonder why Palm never did this?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    One good thing about this app: Today I turned it off, and I can't tell it was ever there. That is a good thing.

As I have said, the eye candy is nice, but I use hard buttons and quick keys (hold down a key) to launch all of my commonly used apps. For others, I just use the built in launcher. The only thing I really miss about TealOS is the ability to mix the apps on my SD card in with the apps in RAM on the same category. I wonder why Palm never did this?
    I understand your idea of wanting to get places fast/faster. (I was a huge fan of TreoLauncher before TealOS, where you could assign a number key to an app, plus it had the "eye candy" w/o sacrificing speed or have a large footprint.) For grins, you might want to check out TealWheel:

Beta Test Zone - PalmOS Software by TealPoint Software; Programs and Accessories for Palm, Treo, and CLIE

Talk about not knowing it was ever there.

(I hate how links get covered up by the page description, like above.)
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 04/05/2009 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    (I hate how links get covered up by the page description, like above.)
    <OT>
    If you use the insert link button, you can edit the prompt and it won't get translated to the page description. eg TealWheel Beta
    </OT>
    I think you're a bit confused, there's two separate ideas here:

Fanofdatreo is talking about swiping in the launcher.
    Which is what I just discovered, although I'd been using the 5-way to do it one-handedly.

now swipe your stylus from the bottom-left corner along the frame of the screen all the way to the bottom-right.
    And you just reminded me why I'd never been able to get it to work: MobileWrite. Instead of swiping, MobileWrite draws a line across the bottom of the screen.

And that's fine, because MobileWrite is one of my favorite programs and I use it in everything.

Thanks for the explanation, tho. Makes sense now.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quick Question -- When I install a new app onto the card, how do I get TealOS to see it? I have forced full a icon scan and scanned for icon changes. Any other thoughts?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    Quick Question -- When I install a new app onto the card, how do I get TealOS to see it? I have forced full a icon scan and scanned for icon changes. Any other thoughts?
    Look in your "Unfiled" category, just as always.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    The program is not showing up anywhere. I have gone to the categories tab, to re-categorize, and it is not listed there. When I cycle all of the categories, unfiled doesn't show, since it has no programs.
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    The program is not showing up anywhere. I have gone to the categories tab, to re-categorize, and it is not listed there. When I cycle all of the categories, unfiled doesn't show, since it has no programs.
    Good question, then. It's either not making it to the phone, or could it be saved to your SD card instead of the phone?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I actually sent Tealpoint an e-mail on this, and their response was that they need file names to be 32 characters in legnth, and it turns out that the name was longer. I edited it in filez, and now it shows up, no problem.
    Visit My Blog