Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryL View Post
    I'm not quite understanding how you configured the Wave Launcher to be a "recent apps wave launcher." How did you do that?
    The card launcher within the wave. It's your most recently used apps. And the topmost important, impressive & effective aspect of the entire TealOS app. (& quite ironic at that, since it's basically the only thing not ripped off from WebOS)
    Actually that is one of the two things ripped from Web os. the new things on WEB OS are the cards and the Wave Launcher ( They dont call it wave launcher on the web os) . The only difference is that on the PRE the "wave Laucnher" is dragged from the gesture area. they would need to remove both the cards and wave launcher to make it not a copy of web os . Also they cant have the cards ( thats the #1 thing that makes it a rip) so you cant have a card launcher whithin the wave .
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    The card launcher within the wave. It's your most recently used apps. And the topmost important, impressive & effective aspect of the entire TealOS app. (& quite ironic at that, since it's basically the only thing not ripped off from WebOS)
    Right, right, right. Gotcha. I was thinking you meant that somehow you changed the icons on the wave to become your 5 most recently used apps and couldn't figure out how you did it.
    Time is money, and life is change.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    GREAT ANSWER TO A VERY INAPPROPRIATE POST.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    after 2 years the Centro was getting boring and Teal OS added a new dimension to it. Also called personal opinion. The built is launcher to me is boring and old. You like the built in launcher, you have got to be kidding me.
    I like to think of it as classic. It still launches my apps. Personally I prefer to launch my most used apps from the hard buttons on the Centro. One thing I don't like about the Pre is the lack of buttons.
    # Beta 1.48 - March 28, 2009

Added ability to specify color of off-screen card arrows when not wrapping cards
    # Added line to card wave icons to indicate locked cards
    # Fixed selection of multi-discard option from clearing activation options
    # Fixed ability to discard locked cards in card wave
    # Fixed empty card wave from trying to launch app
    # Improved card icon dots, making them blue to better stand out
    # Improved multi-discard animation by slowing speed
    # Improved card wave to show current card in lighter orange when not current card
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Actually that is one of the two things ripped from Web os. the new things on WEB OS are the cards and the Wave Launcher ( They dont call it wave launcher on the web os) . The only difference is that on the PRE the "wave Laucnher" is dragged from the gesture area. they would need to remove both the cards and wave launcher to make it not a copy of web os . Also they cant have the cards ( thats the #1 thing that makes it a rip) so you cant have a card launcher whithin the wave .
    WebOS does not display recent apps with a single swipe, TealOS does. That's what I mean by it being the only original feature. Teal actually turned down my request for that feature at first because it was something the WebOS didn't have.

Anyway.. Teal just emailed me back about a stand-alone recent-apps 'wave' launcher:

We're already thinking along those lines. We'll probably still have thumbnail previews, but want to get away from the "card" metaphor altogether, so they won't be presented in a horizontal stack, which is too close to webos. Instead, we're planning to doing something that you select with taps or the 5-way rather that swipes, since swipes are harder to do on a resistive touch screen. Pricing would probably be at $9.95, since that's the cut-off where we can still make money, since resellers like Palm.com take 55% of the reg fee and it costs up an average of $5 to answer an email.
    Ehh, I was really hoping to see it pretty much the way it is now, but without the wave animation or the 'discard' feature. I hope they don't screw it up, I REALLY like the way it is now..
    Maybe were talking about two differnet things . Arent you talking about Wave Launcher. Web OS does have Wave Launcher . And it actually is also called wave launcher. heres a video of it.

TealPoint has also successfully emulated the ‘wave launcher’ and drag’n’tap feature of Palm’s yet to be released operating system for the handset.

http://security.itproportal.com/port...d-smartphones/
    That's the quick-launch feature of the wave launcher. I'm talking about the card-launch feature that Teal added to the wave launcher more recently. It allows you to view & launch every & any card TealOS has currently available without opening the launcher at all. Thus, a recent-apps launcher. If you don't see the cards when you activate the wave launcher, slide your finger all the way to the top of the screen to toggle back & forth between the two features. Or you can, as I do, set within the Wave Prefs of TealOS to auto-start on the cards (instead of the quick-launch apps) when the wave is activated. Anyway, WebOS doesn't have that, it just has the 5 pre-defined, uchanging app icons.
    Got it , sorry I misunderstood. I need to learn to read better. ANd yes thats a great feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Pricing would probably be at $9.95, since that's the cut-off where we can still make money, since resellers like Palm.com take 55% of the reg fee and it costs up an average of $5 to answer an email.
    Now that may be the case for the "existing" Palm model for distributing software, but I hope that changes in the future. Apple's model of inexpensive & free apps through the iTunes store has done wonders, to both centralize where you "find" the apps (not having to scour the entire Internet) as well as making them affordable so that you would drop a little bit of coin, which in turn would get you hooked (like a drug) in staying w/Apple products. I just hope Palm does something similar.
    Global Posts
    1,586 Global Posts
    Glad I got a chance to pick up the latest before the plug was pulled on this thing. I don't tend to keep Teal OS active, but it did make the Centro look more up-to-date, and it allows me to show others how the Pre will look once/if it comes out.
    John 3:16-18

Handspring Visor Prism w/Digital Link -> Palm Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC 6700 -> Palm Centro -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Bold 9780 -> Blackberry Torch -> Palm Treo 755p -> BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    It was pulled off already?
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiffer View Post
    It was pulled off already?
    Not yet. I just downloaded the latest beta (1.48) minutes ago. Maybe they'll squeak out one or two more before the deadline. I'm going to keep checking.

Beta Test Zone - PalmOS Software by TealPoint Software; Programs and Accessories for Palm, Treo, and CLIE
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    Maybe they'll squeak out one or two more before the deadline. I'm going to keep checking.

Beta Test Zone - PalmOS Software by TealPoint Software; Programs and Accessories for Palm, Treo, and CLIE

Keep checking (I am!). In an e-conversation I had w/Tex this a.m. he said he that he's hoping to have another one up this afternoon. He's waiting on some test results before he puts it up.
    Here's 2 more:
    Beta 1.49 - March 29, 2009

Improve card wave discard speed to adjust to device resolution

Improved card wave to pre-select initial card based on initial pen position

Fixed cards from being replaced if reached max card limit of all locked cards

Updated manual to match current beta features
    AND
    Beta 1.50 - March 29, 2009

Added new bg images in zip file

Added option to set background color in display prefs if background image disabled

Added option to turn off icon names on launcher screen

Fixed card 'lock all' and 'lock none' menus to save selection after leaving home screen

Fixed card wave multi-discard from discarding more than one card at a time

Fixed cards to draw lock icon in correct place in small screen cards shown in full screen mode

Improved type-to-search to allow tapping on name or anywhere on search result line

Restored ability to move cards by dragging bottom of screen
    Last edited by fstopstigmata; 03/29/2009 at 03:36 PM.
    Can't download 1.50 beta.

"The page you've requested cannot be found,
    was mistyped, or is no longer available "

Anyone else?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Can't download 1.50 beta.

"The page you've requested cannot be found,
    was mistyped, or is no longer available "

Anyone else?

TIA
    Yep getting the same message!
    Verizon Treo 600---650---755p---Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by avenm View Post
    Yep getting the same message!
    Yeah, same thing (problem). Go to Mytreo.net

http://mytreo.net/downloads/godownload-1387-1.html
    Thats becasue its not beta anymore. Download it straight from the front page. 1.50 is now the currrent release on page 1. Its sunday night so I guess this might be the last version?? . Keep your eye out Monday Morning.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 03/29/2009 at 04:33 PM.