Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    i don't know why so many people are talking about the icons. I think they're pretty good. Good imitations of the Web OS icons. No problem with it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i don't know why so many people are talking about the icons. I think they're pretty good. Good imitations of the Web OS icons. No problem with it here.
    Same here. I only look at the icons to start a program, so I'm not really looking at them long enough to even describe one to you. I do admit that I love the icons an iphone has and think that would be cool, but I think the card display and movement is enough to keep me entertained.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Same here. I only look at the icons to start a program, so I'm not really looking at them long enough to even describe one to you. I do admit that I love the icons an iphone has and think that would be cool, but I think the card display and movement is enough to keep me entertained.

I understand your point (I really do!) but allow me to play devil's advocate...

But if you "love" the icons (of an iPhone), what is wrong with "expecting" (not demanding) them to be of high quality and easy for the user to make if he/she wants to personalize them? (This is an OS, not just a swiping program we are talking about.)

I should probably leave it at that (very simple), since I am replying to your post, but ask yourself what does the average user of a new smartphone like? (And I'm not even talking about "us," message board posters, as average users in this hypothetical question.) The answers are varied but definitely near the top is the slick user interface. (Just look at the standard iPhone vs. the standard Palm. Yes, the Pre is coming (to remedy that situation) but stay with me right now.) A lot of the excitement of the new smartphones, like iPhone, Blackberry, Android, HTC's stuff, etc., comes down to the look and feel...and here's the big part...the SIMPLICITY of things.

Things must be simple for the average user or he/she will simply buy an iPhone, Blackberry, Android, HTC product, etc.

Ok...like I said, I'm just playing devil's advocate here. For the record, I am very pleased with TealOS. Pleased enough that within minutes I purchased it, and would do it again. My only point, and I'll stop saying it, is (to remember) to make things easy (not complex and/or counter-intuitive). Have a great rest of the weekend!

We resume our normally scheduled broadcast in progress...
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    I understand your point (I really do!) but allow me to play devil's advocate...

I should probably leave it at that (very simple), since I am replying to your post, but ask yourself what does the average user of a new smartphone like? (And I'm not even talking about "us," message board posters, as average users in this hypothetical question.) The answers are varied but definitely near the top is the slick user interface. (Just look at the standard iPhone vs. the standard Palm. Yes, the Pre is coming (to remedy that situation) but stay with me right now.) A lot of the excitement of the new smartphones, like iPhone, Blackberry, Android, HTC's stuff, etc., comes down to the look and feel...and here's the big part...the SIMPLICITY of things.
    Have a great rest of the weekend!
    Totally understand what you're saying, and be assured that if this was a new operating system I wouldn't have said what I said. This is only a new launcher to mimmic the 'coming soon' WebOS operating system, and only $15 to boot. I only think that they obviously have more important things to work on getting it right since they've had so many updates since I originally bought version 1.06 (or whatever the first one was). I do also want to say that I've never bought or downloaded a program that was not already beta tested first which is why I believe I've never really had a problem with any of my programs on my Treos or Centros. I wouldn't have been so fast to buy this had I known it would go through almost an update a day since. But, I would've eventually bought it because I do love it.

You have a great week, since the weekend is over.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    A couple small fixes:

Beta 1.40 - March 22, 2009

Fixed card apps not always launching in card wave

Fixed GSM signal indicator to better match other indicators
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryL View Post
    So far no issues with v1.38.

But I really wish they'd revise the Quick Launch bar so that you could optionally have no center icon in it. 9 times out of 10 the program on my center icon launches when I'm really trying to get the Wave Launcher to activate by using my finger.
    I had the same problem, so I allocated the middle app as NOP. It does nothing, so it returns you to the app you were in. Simple.

http://www.palmpowerups.com/file/nop.prc
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I had the same problem, so I allocated the middle app as NOP. It does nothing, so it returns you to the app you were in. Simple.

http://www.palmpowerups.com/file/nop.prc
    Great idea. Thanks. I'll have to give that a try.
    Time is money, and life is change.
    Beta 1.41 - March 23, 2009

# Fixed card apps not always launching in card wave
    # Fixed GSM signal indicator to better match other indicators
    # Fixed CDMA signal indicator to better match other indicators
    v1.42
    keep the updates going
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    keep the updates going

One thing I have to say, I don't think I have ever seen a software application get as many updates as this one...which is really awesome! It shows the dedication to customer service & support.

I would still like to see the ability to hide the file names though. Think I'll put in a ticket for that. (Obviously it's not a bug, just an option to customize/personalize.)
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 03/25/2009 at 06:24 PM.
    I'm hoping to see TealOS Icon sets start showing up through Google soon. Phwelo posted a Mac OS set he created (and I'm not complaining - it looks fantastic), but I'm just not a Mac guy.

I don't even have a suggestion about what I'm looking for, I'm just hoping that they'll start popping up soon so we'll have a bunch of them to choose from. It's like TouchLauncher's Icon sets, eventually I found websites/threads about them and there were always a couple to choose from.

Is this something that other people are also looking for? I saw all the comments/thoughts about the icons being low quality, but I'm of the opinion that they're fine. I see an icon for a matter of 2-3 seconds before I'm either opening an App or using one that's already open.

Should we maybe start a thread specifically for TealOS Icon Sets? If nothing else, it may at least get some attention from creative people (i.e. - not me).
    VZW Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjust View Post
    Should we maybe start a thread specifically for TealOS Icon Sets? If nothing else, it may at least get some attention from creative people (i.e. - not me).

I would love to see that! (It would probably help in getting TealOS to catch on, too.)

I'd be happy to post a PSD (photoshop document) of the icons I use to get things rolling. Just give me a little time (maybe a day or two?) to get it ready.

Great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeTX View Post
    You have to use magenta (RGB 255 0 255) as background colour. This is the colour that is used in TealOS for transparency.

@fanofdatreo

that is exactly my view.
    The customization with high quality icons just give the good old Palm OS a great up to date feel - and I simply don't understand why TealOS - whose aim it is to add a WebOS modern feeling to the old devices - has to look like the 90s.
    George.... I LOVE YOU!!!!! For a week I was trying to make these icon sets transparent and know I am going to go nuts!!! woo-hooooo!!!!

Thank you. I will upload some once i get them done!!
    We have beta 1.43 with a couple of nice things

Beta 1.43 - March 26, 2009
    Added support for type-to-find apps (multichar) on main screen
    Added option to turn off transparency effect for launcher screen
    Added option to disable "alpha seek" on home
    I'd personally like to see an option of typing a number on the home screen and be able to dial right from there... Right now if we type, we can find an app with the multichar function, but even if we type a number in it does nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    Added support for type-to-find apps (multichar) on main screen
    This kicks absolute ****.

If I hadn't already purchased it, this feature would have pushed me over the top.
    Time is money, and life is change.
    I don't know what happened but now with the new update when I scroll to the CARD catagory it doesn't show anything on the card. They are comingled within the Main, but I have the comingled option unchecked.
    If you haven't bought this yet, and want it, do it soon. If you bought it, and don't have a backup copy saved, get the latest betas now:

Yahoo! Groups

I'm sorry to say that at Palm's request, as of this upcoming Monday, March 30,
    we will no longer be selling or distributing TealOS.

We really appreciate the help and unprecedented enthusiasm so many of you have
    shown for this product. It's been a long time since we experienced this kind of
    customer cooperation, and the program's success came at a badly needed time. We
    wish we could continue contributing to this great community.

For those of you who have already purchased the product, your copies will
    continue to function, of course, but we encourage you to download the latest
    beta copies to insure you have a stable version you are happy with and back it
    up to a safe place, as you'll no longer be able to download it after Monday.
    We'll continue through the weekend to try to get as many bug fixes and requested
    improvements in as we can before then.
    I was wondering how long Palm would let Teal launch a product that basically ripped-off the feel of webOS. Obviously, it takes a little over a month. Real bummer because this is the first app in a long time that I was truly exicted about for my centro.