Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    This is exactly what I have found. It only happens if you were in TealOS when you turn the phone off.
    Beta version 1.36 fixes it! AWESOME!!! (What great customer service!)

# Beta 1.36 - March 17, 2009 Added battery charging indicator
    # Added support from launching aliases from card wave (need TealAlias 1.26)
    # Fixed compatibility with [weather] key guard if woken by home button
    # Improve delete screen to return to file selector after delete
    # Improved wave launcher to flag movement as activity to keep awake
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Confirm, problem fixed.

They are truly concerned about their product.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    And we're back to checking the Beta Test page once more!

v 1.36 is now out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stondimaql8 View Post
    And we're back to checking the Beta Test page once more!

v 1.36 is now out...
    There is no pleasing some

Version already reported btw
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Version already reported btw
    Didn't see that :P
    1.37 already
    Time is money, and life is change.
    We have beta 1.38 released. And the fun continues
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    I don't use TealOS any longer - the icons still look terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    We have beta 1.38 released. And the fun continues
    You know it!
    George, just curious which launcher do you use that gives significantly shaper icons. I guess I've not experienced sharp icons. In the past I used zlauncher with one of the default skins and the original launcher before that and I guess I really don't see much difference. Sorry to lose you, but I just couldn't give up the cards of teal os at this point. It makes me think I'll really enjoy web os, but I may have to wait for them to release a model with a dpad. really use it on my centro.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    I use TouchLauncher and also 2day with icons I prepared myself. I tried to get them imported into TealOS but their quality is reduced very much - so it is no fun to see them displayed by TealOS.

Maybe at one point in the update process they will improve the graphics.

We will see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeTX View Post
    I use TouchLauncher and also 2day with icons I prepared myself. I tried to get them imported into TealOS but their quality is reduced very much - so it is no fun to see them displayed by TealOS.

Maybe at one point in the update process they will improve the graphics.

We will see.
    Nice icons georgeTX
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    So far no issues with v1.38.

But I really wish they'd revise the Quick Launch bar so that you could optionally have no center icon in it. 9 times out of 10 the program on my center icon launches when I'm really trying to get the Wave Launcher to activate by using my finger.
    Is there any way that I can have a card created for each specific web site I visit?

Currently, regardless of which web site is visible on the card, once you click on it, TealOS takes me to my Bookmark screen.

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Is there any way that I can have a card created for each specific web site I visit?

Currently, regardless of which web site is visible on the card, once you click on it, TealOS takes me to my Bookmark screen.TIA
    That's because it's POS. WebOS will keep the program running in the background, so the card will open the program where you last left off. POS closes the program completely so you can only open the program where you left off if Blazer is set that way. If you just want to do that you can set Blazer preferences to start with the last page visited, so the card will open where you left off. At this time I don't think that you can set a card to open a specific webpage unless you always have Blazer open it first.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I'm trying to replace the icons in TealOS: what size must the icons be?
    The Manual says 64x48 pixels (and 8-bit) but when I make them that size, they come out much too small, with a white margin...
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeTX View Post
    I don't use TealOS any longer - the icons still look terrible.
    I'm starting to feel the same way. I haven't given up yet but that (the icons: their display, quality, how you create them) is my biggest concern. I can appreciate how they have weaved TealPaint into TealOS -- from a business viewpoint some might say that was a brilliant idea to use another program from the same company, which could lead to more possible sales (of other, existing products) -- but I just wish that it was easier and cleaner.

Icons are not just graphical representations of a program. They represent one of the best examples of customization and personalization of your operating system. But making it belabored makes the whole process counter-intuitive.

One of the "powers" of the soon-to-be extinct Palm/Garnet system was that you really could do so much. For long-time users, yes, we know of some limitations, but (through time) I have tricked out my phone to rival both the "look" and "use of practical applications" to those of newer phones (ie: iPhone, etc.). And this is all with the dated Palm OS. (BUT...I don't think everyone is like me. They want it to be easier and FASTER, and w/o having to do tons of online research and posts on message boards looking for help from people who have already done it.)

I am completely impressed that TealOS runs on the existing OS. Truly amazing. For that reason I purchased it. I just don't want the idea of simplicity, when it comes to personalization (esp. of icons), getting lost. It needs to be less geeky and more user-friendly for the masses.

(Treo Launcher has a great (super simple) way of importing (caching) icons.)

EDIT: Call me crazy but I think the challenges that TealOS faces, as well as how successful it can be, would be a great tool for Palm (the Company) to learn from before releasing WebOS.
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 03/22/2009 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    I'm trying to replace the icons in TealOS: what size must the icons be?
    The Manual says 64x48 pixels (and 8-bit) but when I make them that size, they come out much too small, with a white margin...
    You have to use magenta (RGB 255 0 255) as background colour. This is the colour that is used in TealOS for transparency.

@fanofdatreo

that is exactly my view.
    The customization with high quality icons just give the good old Palm OS a great up to date feel - and I simply don't understand why TealOS - whose aim it is to add a WebOS modern feeling to the old devices - has to look like the 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    That's because it's POS. WebOS will keep the program running in the background, so the card will open the program where you last left off. POS closes the program completely so you can only open the program where you left off if Blazer is set that way. If you just want to do that you can set Blazer preferences to start with the last page visited, so the card will open where you left off. At this time I don't think that you can set a card to open a specific webpage unless you always have Blazer open it first.
    Tks RickMG
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover