Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    1/2 hour later 1.33
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 03/15/2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Would you mind explaining how to do it (convert them into a palm database with TealPoint?)
    You have to install TealPaint on your palm. Then you run the programm. You open files: New database. You enter a name and save. You open the new database - you open files: picture - import form JPEG... - save to database. Then you close TealPaint.

You can open the new database now in TealOS to selet your icons.

They improved the icon quality in version 1.32. - Two thumbs up. (Although this procedure remains to be somewhat tideous.)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeTX View Post
    You have to install TealPaint on your palm. Then you run the programm. You open files: New database. You enter a name and save. You open the new database - you open files: picture - import form JPEG... - save to database. Then you close TealPaint.

You can open the new database now in TealOS to selet your icons.

They improved the icon quality in version 1.32. - Two thumbs up. (Although this procedure remains to be somewhat tideous.)
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    can TealOS allow you to HIDE select App icons like "Quick Tour" etc. yet? and i don't mean by using categories - that's a kludge - i mean like this app does -

Invisible - Hide Palm Launcher's Icons

this is a dealbreaker for me.
    Something I'd also love to see in an upcoming version. I have 2x Google Maps and 2x pTunes icons (the old versions that were installed, and the newer versions I upgraded to). Not to mention the "Quick Tour", etc...
    VZW Centro
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Yeah I have a few dupe icons on my screen as well... Hope that gets fixed soon... And also the compatibility issue im having with Mini Opera and TealOS... I'm going to take screenshots soon enough.
    I have no icon dupes on my 680, but with v1.33 the card launcher from within the Wave Launcher no longer works from the home screen, and out of several dozen tries I've only gotten it to work once from within an app.

It used to work fine back when when it was introduced.
    Time is money, and life is change.
    1.35 non Beta version is out
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    New (paying) user and wondering if anyone else has had any concerns/problems/issues with the keyguard. I use Weather (Infinity subscription) as my keyguard but it doesn't (always) show up when I wake up my 755p with the home button. (Almost every time when I hit the home button the greyed out apps screen launches, and it stays there. I then have to hit the home button to make it go away/go down. Then it looks like I am in TealOS but I can't really do anything until I then hit the red power off button, which then truly awakes my 755p, by lighting up the keyboard and displaying/activating the keyguard.)

It does work, however, when I depress the phone, calendar and e-mail buttons. It's just the home button where the keyguard doesn't always pop up and activate the phone from sleep. (9 times out of 10 it does the quirkly thing I describe -- it's the 10th time where it works properly.)

Is that a problem w/other users of the keyguard, or just me w/the Weather (Infinity subscription) keyguard? If this could be fixed, I would greatly appreciate it. I just like being able to use that keyguard with the temperature displayed.

FWIW: I'm using version 1.33. (I also do NOT have duplicate icons, like some others have mentioned, nor has it ever crashed on me.)
    I've not experienced that problem, I'm using the boiler plate keyguard. Been using Teal OS since version 1.06. Write to them, they are great about adding/fixing things in their updates which up to this point have been daily.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I also have the weather keyguard, and have just noticed this exact same thing. If I wake the treo with the home button, it opens, but nothing happens. You can't press any on-screen buttons, etc. If I press another hard key, it will open that other app, and then activate keyguard. Never noticed this before.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    I don't have any issues with the keyguard on TealOS

As a side note, I decided a long time ago (way before TealOS was introduced) not to enable the Weather keyguard because I experienced some issues with it. Weather is a great little app but I just couldn't get comfortable with the keyguard.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I disabled the keyguard, and soft reset. Still have the same problem. If I press the home key, it turns on, but you can't do anything, until you press the red button, at which time the keyguard activates, and you can use the treo.

Never noticed this before.
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I don't have any issues with the keyguard on TealOS

As a side note, I decided a long time ago (way before TealOS was introduced) not to enable the Weather keyguard because I experienced some issues with it. Weather is a great little app but I just couldn't get comfortable with the keyguard.

Good Luck

That's too bad. I really have my 755p tricked out w/all kinds of apps and don't have any known problems (until now): skinUI, FontSmoother, Accessorizer, several DAs & McPhling, Opera Mini (w/IBM Java VM), Treobble, Datebk6, 4cast, tryda, Webmessenger, NVBackup, Power Hero, Kinoma, mundu Radio, Pocket Express, pTunes, DialByPhoto, VolumeCare and several others. Do you have any of those?
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    4cast, tryda, pTunes,
    I have the above.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    I also have the weather keyguard, and have just noticed this exact same thing. If I wake the treo with the home button, it opens, but nothing happens. You can't press any on-screen buttons, etc. If I press another hard key, it will open that other app, and then activate keyguard. Never noticed this before.

Well, at least I'm not the only person w/this problem.

I'm going to install 1.35 and see if that fixes the problem. I'll let you know later. (I saw where you said you did the soft reset and things didn't work either.)
    For those playing along at home...

1.35 didn't fix it. I'm still hoping that it can be fixed though. I sent in a support ticket and got an excellent and prompt reply. While it didn't fix the problem, it was a personalized response and I'm pretty confident that things can still be resolved.

Here's something else I noticed, so maybe someone else has an idea:

I didn't mention this earlier, bec. I thought I was going too in-depth, but if you work yourself across the 755p keyboard from left to right:

1) Depress phone, I get the keyguard, then turn it off...

2) Depress calendar, I get the keyguard, then turn it off...

3) Depress e-mail, I get the keguard, then turn it off...

4) Depress home, I get the keyguard, then turn it off...

5) Depress home again, and it looks like I am in TealOS, with no Launcher screen, but this time I have to hit the red power button to activate the keyguard bec. it looks like I'm stuck in a "hanging" version of TealOS. After pressing the red power button, the keyguard comes up and my keyboard lights up.

So, it sems that it has something to do w/turning the phone off in TealOS and then turning the phone back on in TealOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    If I press the home key, it turns on, but you can't do anything, until you press the red button, at which time the keyguard activates, and you can use the treo.

Never noticed this before.
    Same here on all counts with a 680 -- I never noticed this before, either. I'm currently still running v1.33.
    Time is money, and life is change.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    The only drawback that I'm concerned with is the fact that too many options may bog the app down a bit (I'm a bit obsessive with snappiness )

That's a fair concern...but have you tried Lightspeed? Try raising the clock speed from 312 to 520.
    Wow, almost 24 hours without a release update. These guys must be on cruise control now
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    For those playing along at home...

1.35 didn't fix it. I'm still hoping that it can be fixed though. I sent in a support ticket and got an excellent and prompt reply. While it didn't fix the problem, it was a personalized response and I'm pretty confident that things can still be resolved.

Here's something else I noticed, so maybe someone else has an idea:

I didn't mention this earlier, bec. I thought I was going too in-depth, but if you work yourself across the 755p keyboard from left to right:

1) Depress phone, I get the keyguard, then turn it off...

2) Depress calendar, I get the keyguard, then turn it off...

3) Depress e-mail, I get the keguard, then turn it off...

4) Depress home, I get the keyguard, then turn it off...

5) Depress home again, and it looks like I am in TealOS, with no Launcher screen, but this time I have to hit the red power button to activate the keyguard bec. it looks like I'm stuck in a "hanging" version of TealOS. After pressing the red power button, the keyguard comes up and my keyboard lights up.

So, it sems that it has something to do w/turning the phone off in TealOS and then turning the phone back on in TealOS.
    This is exactly what I have found. It only happens if you were in TealOS when you turn the phone off.
    Visit My Blog