Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    If TealOS keeps improving, people are not going to want to downgrade to the Palm Pre.

Ha-ha.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Nice thanks for the info
    What image files can be used for icons? JPG's? BMP's? GIF's? Or only TealPaint files?
    v1.31

- Fixed software home buttons from blocking subsequent app launch if pressed inside TealOS
    - Fixed corrupted background handler if program entered after a clean initial install and exitted without visiting any prefs screens
    - Fixed importing of standard launcher icons from generating duplicates on initial forced scan after clean install

This has indeed fixed my problem of one duplicated icon!
    Last edited by GerryL; 03/13/2009 at 09:03 AM.
    Time is money, and life is change.
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryL View Post
    v1.31

This has indeed fixed my problem of one duplicated icon!
    GerryL,

Perhaps by the time they get to v1.99 all of your duplicate icons will be gone.
    At the pace they're putting out new versions, v1.99 might be here by this weekend.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    What image files can be used for icons? JPG's? BMP's? GIF's? Or only TealPaint files?
    You can use Jpg, bmp and gif. The problem is that you have to convert them into a palm database with TealPaint. At that point they look still reasonable. But when TealOS imports these icons from the database they look terrible.
    TealOS is $20 now

But they've said in an email to Phwelo that they're creating a universal search function, so maybe it'll be worth it then..
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    they're creating a universal search function, so maybe it'll be worth it then..
    fstop,
    How is that different from the native Palm search function?
    TIA
    Scratch that, it's still $15 at the Teal site.

As for universal search, it's supposed to resemble the WebOS search (from what I'm told anyway, I've honestly never watched a WebOS video). Have you ever used Power User mode in Initiate? It sounds like it'll be a lot like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Scratch that, it's still $15 at the Teal site.

As for universal search, it's supposed to resemble the WebOS search (from what I'm told anyway, I've honestly never watched a WebOS video). Have you ever used Power User mode in Initiate? It sounds like it'll be a lot like that.
    Never used Power User mode. I dont' have initiate.
    Just trying to understand what could be more comprehensive than the native Palm search feature.

When I use it, it searches all apps including SnapperMail.

Anyway, thanks for the info fstop.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Never used Power User mode. I dont' have initiate.
    Just trying to understand what could be more comprehensive than the native Palm search feature.

When I use it, it searches all apps including SnapperMail.

Anyway, thanks for the info fstop.

Good Luck
    tiger, I know this is a noob type question, but I've had a 650, a 755p and now a centro. How do you do access the palm native search?
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    tiger, I know this is a noob type question, but I've had a 650, a 755p and now a centro. How do you do access the palm native search?
    LT,

On your Centro:
    First press the key just below the letter 'A'
    Release it, then press the key just below the letter 'Z'
    Then type any word you want to search in the window that pops up.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    First press the key just below the letter 'A'
    Release it, then press the key just below the letter 'Z'
    Wowie Zowie, I'm not a noob and I just learned something.

I've had my 680 for over a year and I've always thought you had to press both of those keys simultaneously. Wow!
    Time is money, and life is change.
    I learned something today as well. Thanks turbo tiger. I'm pretty embarrassed I didn't know that before. Anyway back to enjoying tealpoint os.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    How do you do universal search on TealOS ??
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    How do you do universal search on TealOS ??
    we're not sure what it's gonna do but fstop's post above said a friend learned they're working on it.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 03/14/2009 at 12:41 PM.
    can TealOS allow you to HIDE select App icons like "Quick Tour" etc. yet? and i don't mean by using categories - that's a kludge - i mean like this app does -

Invisible - Hide Palm Launcher's Icons

this is a dealbreaker for me.
    Well in Initiate Power User Mode, you just start typing & it searches your apps, contacts, memos, documents, music. etc. & when it narrows the search down to one it auto-launches that item. Pretty much instant access to anything on your device within a second or two. Personally, I think it's a bit overkill & leave the contacts to TAKEphONE, the memos in Memos, the music in pTunes, and so forth. But it's really neat once you get in the habit of it. Download the full free trial and check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeTX View Post
    You can use Jpg, bmp and gif. The problem is that you have to convert them into a palm database with TealPaint. At that point they look still reasonable. But when TealOS imports these icons from the database they look terrible.
    Would you mind explaining how to do it (convert them into a palm database with TealPoint?)