Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Hmmm...maybe I'm missing something? What are you trying to do exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by M10K View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I'm missing something? What are you trying to do exactly?
    I am trying to delete the 5 apps that I have listed for Wave Launcher to either ignor or be enabled while in those apps.

This list appears by accessing:
    Options
    Scroll down to Wave Launcher

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have completed two force full scans, and I still have two documents icons, all express channels listed separately, two google maps icons, etc.

Any help for this?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Here's another interesting tidbit. Now, I've lost all of my category settings, after upgrading to the latest, and doing a force full scan.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    Here's another interesting tidbit. Now, I've lost all of my category settings, after upgrading to the latest, and doing a force full scan.
    I shouldn't have been so quick to declare my Full Force Scan a success. While I didn't lose my categories like you did, I have a bunch of apps that are now only found in the "Unfiled" category that were formerly in their own categories.

And "Documents" is listed as both under a category and unfiled.

Hmmmm.....

edit: After re-categorizing everything, I found that both "TealOS" and "Applications" don't have any options showing in the "Categorize" command -- there's no drop-down, and there's nothing listed next to them. Also, none of the apps on my card showed up anywhere.

Another Full Force Scan caused some of the same set of apps to be put back into "Unfiled," but the ones on my card DID show up.

A soft reset didn't have any affect an any of this.
    Last edited by GerryL; 03/11/2009 at 09:20 AM.
    Time is money, and life is change.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    it looks to me like it reads RAM apps and ROM apps seperately. The only duplicates I still have are from stuff that was included in ROM that I upgraded.

What i've done to work around this is named a category "hidden" through "option" -> "edit categories"

after that I unchecked the "hidden" group so that it doesn't show. Placed all my duplicates in there, as well as stuff that I don't want to see. This cleaned things up alot.

http://phwelo.mobi/ico/teal.bmp

i've also created an icon set for tealOS, you can find it on my icons page at Centro.Phwelo
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    I have completed two force full scans, and I still have two documents icons, all express channels listed separately, two google maps icons, etc.

Any help for this?
    Yep the duplicates seem to be back with v.1.25. I didn't have the duplicates with 1.24. bummer!
    Verizon Treo 600---650---755p---Centro
    hi phwelo,

nice work - but TealOS reduces the quality of icons still so much - that I wouldn't consider it an improvement - and there is still the problem that the costumized icons are not displayed in the launcer bars.
    I upgraded to the latest version today (v1.25) and I still get the duplicate icons and some strange things happening with the categories. Oh well.

I've also come to the conclusion that while this is a very slick piece of eye-candy, like all other alternate launchers that I have tried in the past, it just slows me down. I like the fact that the old Garnet OS allows me to get things done very quickly on my Centro. I haven't tried all of the alternate launchers. I know there are some that power users really like. I just haven't found one that was worth it for me.

I really appreciate the fact that TealPoint was able to put this together so quickly and the fact that they are working with the community to quickly release fixes and enhancements to the product. I also like the fact that I was able to get a rough feel for what WebOS will be like. That said, I've got to stop playing with TealOS now.

Good luck to the rest of you continuing to test it and thanks for all of the insight.
    Just wanted to give an update about my SMS messages being corrupted. I guess before the file was deleted the Messages_Database file was already corrupted. I've been trying to do anything I can to convert the file to txt but have been unsuccessful. There goes years of txt messages. Like I said, it sounds like a weird fluke that has nothing to do with TealOS, but its a good reminder to not only backup your data from your phone, but backup that data on your computer also.
    v 1.26
    v1.26: Even with 2 full force scans, I've got one repeated icon (Documents), and once again it's taken most of my categorized apps and filed them in the "Unfiled" category.

In addition, "Applications" and "TealOS" don't have any choices in the "Categorize" list.
    I know I read somewhere that whenever you do a full force scan you will loose your catagories, so don't be surprised that each time you scan you have to recatagorize. That's why I haven't done it. I don't like having duplicates, but I really don't care how many duplicate icons I have in my 'All' folder as I only use the 'Main'. That's why I haven't force full scan yet either.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Version 1.27 - March 11, 2009
    Added support for customizing quick launch bar icons
    Added support for customizing wave launcher icons
    Added ability to preview background jpeg before loading
    Added automatic filtering out of launcher-x launcher stubs
    Added bouncing anim when trying to discard locked cards with 5-way
    Added tip suggesting forcing full scan after effects change
    Improved quick launch bar preferences to preview icon images
    Improved wave preferences to preview icon images
    Fixed icon duplication after installing new apps
    Fixed icon process to allow background circle even if desaturate and edge options disabled
    Fixed loading jpeg menu from bringing up icon screen
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I am trying to delete the 5 apps that I have listed for Wave Launcher to either ignor or be enabled while in those apps.

This list appears by accessing:
    Options
    Scroll down to Wave Launcher

TIA
    Ok guys, my apologies,

Please ignor the posts I made w/ref to the above. I've completely lost my mind.
    The issue I described above turns out not to be an issue at all.

I'm still getting use to this app.

For those of you who have reponding to my questions - thanks.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Not impressed. It causes my phone to stop receiving. It's happened twice. I deleted the app. Thank goodness for trial periods.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    The issue I described above turns out not to be an issue at all.
    But unless I misunderstood you, you wanted to make the Quick Launch bar hold only 2 or 3 icons, rather than 5, right? So you were trying to "blank out" the unneeded icons by setting them to "nothing."

That's at least the way I read it, and I thought that was an interesting idea.

BTW, v1.27 is still giving me a duplicate of "Documents," but nothing else. And the "Customize the icons in the Quick Launch bar" works!! YAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryL View Post
    But unless I misunderstood you, you wanted to make the Quick Launch bar hold only 2 or 3 icons, rather than 5, right? So you were trying to "blank out" the unneeded icons by setting them to "nothing."

That's at least the way I read it, and I thought that was an interesting idea.

BTW, v1.27 is still giving me a duplicate of "Documents," but nothing else. And the "Customize the icons in the Quick Launch bar" works!! YAY!
    GerryL,
    I'm not sure what the hell I was trying to do but yes your idea is interesting.
    Regardless, I'm a happy camper and man v1.27 sure added a lot.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    1.27 - icons for the launcher bar. Two thumbs up.

But....

PLEASE ALLOW HIGH QUALITY ICONS TO BE DISPLAYED!!!!

An application of today shouldn't look like one of the early days of the palm.
    It is not worth putting any effort in icon preparation - if they are displayed in low quality by TealOS.
    Version 1.29 - March 12, 2009
    Added new 'card wave' mode to select cards from wave launcher (change modes by swiping to top of screen)
    Add new priority setting to allow max priority
    Add ability to choose category from drop down category pick-list
    Add "show all" to info, beam, and copy file dialogs
    Add check to safely uninstall older handlers when upgrading version on old OS5.0 devices
    Fixed wave launcher to correctly save icon name instead of file name when selecting apps
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover