Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    When using tealos, when I exit a card app (specifically handmark express) it returns me to the default palm launcher, and the only way to restart tealos is to choose it from the launcher. Pressing the home key only cycles the standard palm launcher categories.
    I guess that has been addressed here: Customer Support - PalmOS Software by TealPoint Software; Programs and Accessories for Palm, Treo, and CLIE

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    they really need a "Hide Applications Icon" option. and no, i don't want to use categories to accomplish this.
    Did you try the 1.10 beta - there you can select apps that won't show as cards.

Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sure getting tired of this update a day senario.
    Then you should stick with 1.06. Many other users including myself are very happy that their concerns and suggestions for improvement are taken up very rapidly. For me the program was only usable beginning from version 1.08.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Nothing like a responsive developer!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    George -- Thanks for the response, and I was aware of this, but I don't want to have to use categories for items that actually aren't stand-alone progrmas. The channels for express are meant to be accessed through express, not individually. LauncherX (and I believe most other launchers) can handle this, so I believe TealOS should also.

And as for the standard launcher running, the link you provided does not answer what I was referring to. It only happens with card items (express, specifically).
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Really?? I think they're showing CS at it's finest. They're gonna gain a lot of loyal customers and registrations with the effort they've been putting in, not to mention a really great end product due to their attention to customer feedback.

The only drawback that I'm concerned with is the fact that too many options may bog the app down a bit (I'm a bit obsessive with snappiness )
    I see your point but failed to make mine. When I see not just an update a day, but all the things that are fixed with each update, it makes me wonder why this was rushed out so fast in the first place. That would be okay if they would've given it away until they got it right, not just give you a trial period for its use. A lot of us paid for the privilage of being their test dummies. Does that make sense? Not to me. Let me also chime in here that I believe that this is a great, fun ap.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I haven't felt like a beta tester at all, the product has been stable for me since the get go. I appreciate the fact they listen and add items that people would like to have. You can thank me for the suggestion of the device soft reset from the pull down menu.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    I haven't felt like a beta tester at all, the product has been stable for me since the get go. I appreciate the fact they listen and add items that people would like to have. You can thank me for the suggestion of the device soft reset from the pull down menu.
    Yea and I was the first one to point out being able to use a letter to go to a program fast in the launcher, but who even knows that they're looking at this board or not? Has any of them posted here that I missed? You don't have to feel like a beta tester to be one. Again, why should you pay for a new program that obviously wasn't ready to be sold in the first place? What else would you pay for that you had to fix everyday thereafter until it's correct? Seriously, you name something.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Yea and I was the first one to point out being able to use a letter to go to a program fast in the launcher, but who even knows that they're looking at this board or not? Has any of them posted here that I missed? You don't have to feel like a beta tester to be one. Again, why should you pay for a new program that obviously wasn't ready to be sold in the first place? What else would you pay for that you had to fix everyday thereafter until it's correct? Seriously, you name something.
    Check out the mytreo.net forums. They've tended to every request so far. That's why they update so often, they're constantly fixing/adding user suggestions. I'm well on my way to morphing it into my ultimate launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Check out the mytreo.net forums. They've tended to every request so far. That's why they update so often, they're constantly fixing/adding user suggestions. I'm well on my way to morphing it into my ultimate launcher
    That review on there explains a lot, especially this quote:
    Before I begin, let me put this out there: I had been informed that TealOS wasn’t given a full-length beta test by the developer, so updates and bug fixes will be released frequently.
    I've never seen nor heard that, and if I would've known it, I would've gone the entire 30 days before purchasing, not because I don't like the program...I love it... But, 30 days from now who knows if it will really be better or become what you said, your ultimate launcher. The changes might not make it my ultimate launcher, if you know what I mean. Granted, all the changes they've made so far haven't done anything that make me change my mind on how much I like the program. I would've just liked to know that I was 'doing their testing' before I bought it.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I wouldn't mind being a beta tester, but I think that should be made clear to people before they buy.
    Visit My Blog

I look it as a interesting pre Pre experience, and that has been the case from the first version, so I'm personally glad they did not privately test it for a month. Having said that, all versions have been free of obvious and significant bugs and you did have the opportunity to try before you buy, so I really can't see what there is to complain about. You are getting an almost daily increase in your value for money.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    And I must say that Tealpoint has been incredibly responsive to my issues. I submitted a bug request yesterday and have received several e-mails from them on it.

This type of customer service is what is sorely lacking with most other companies.
    Visit My Blog

Okay, here's one (as long as we're coming up with ideas). Anyway to have it rotate the programs on the screen when you turn the phone? That would really be the best when you have Slingplayer. Not much else since the screen is square, but would certainly give more bragging rites for us POS users.
    There's already an app that let's you rotate the screen within any app.. I don't know the name of it, never used it, but I've read a thread about it.. sorry I can't help much more than that, but I'm sure with a bit of Googling you may find it. But Palms don't have built-in accelerometers, so it can't sense gravity & happen automatically, you have to manually activate it.
    My 700P, which still isn't correct
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I used DisplayManager to roll my display around on my TX. It was (is?) shareware.

Of course, Apt 2.0 (FREEWARE as of March 3, 2009!!) can rotate the screen whichever way when you launch each app. Apt will also automate nearly anything you can do manually on your PalmOS device. Check it out!
    Does anyone know where I can find v1.09? I'd like to give this puppy a whirl on my 680, but I've read here that the posted beta v.1.10 doesn't play nice with the 680, and v1.06 is still the "officially posted" version.
    Okay, it was cool and fun for a while. But I'm back to the regular Palm launcher and really happy to back to the speed and efficiency. I'm convinced that touch screens are slick and sexy, but they aren't as quick and efficient as the five-way. Same thing I thought after trying a IPhone.
    gapost

I guess the Pre is not going to be the phone for you.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    gapost

I guess the Pre is not going to be the phone for you.
    I hope the Pre will be a home run, but I'm not conviced the touch screen (of any phone) design is quick. If it is, I'll jump on the Pre wagon when it comes to Verizon.
    I agree a bit with gapost, but then I don't use a laucher as such anyway. For actually achieving productive use of my phone I use Takephone and will probably continue to do so.

TealOS is an interesting and attractive diversion and I congratulate Tealpoint on it. But of course it is not an OS. It is just a pretty face to the aging non-multitasking PalmOS, so choosing to use it or not does not have anything to do with somebody's opinion of the Pre itself.