1.    #1  
    Hi there,

While searching "hidden" things on my Treo680, i did find that when resetting while pressing key "a" on my Azerty keyboard, waiting for the second Palm logo, the LED goes green.

They i unpress the key, the Treo continues on booting. But i notice a great speed improvement ! and something weird too : the battery reading is totally false. Everything else seems to work fine.

Worth a try maybe ? Is there a software somewhere that would be able to read the battery state in this mode ?

Philippe.
    How strange. Did you try any bench mark programs to measure the speed?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  3.    #3  
    Hi !

I think the speed improvement is not really visible through a benchmark test into an application. It's more present when going in and out applications and through launcher screens. The phone connectivity for example is definitively faster than before (when you do turn on the radio telephone, i mean). As well as writing notes, sending sms etc. The all device feels more responsive.

But the battery level being false is a very annoying thing. Either than that, i did not find anything else that is malfunctionning.

Philippe.
    I tried it and got nothing. Holding down the A key I removed/reinserted the battery. LED never went green. As I keep holding down the A key waiting for the LED to go green, my 680 boots up normally.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    On QWERTY keyboard Press Q

Battery meter says 99%, does not show it is charging when connected to charger

The device is very responsive, on Palminternal the speed reduced from 40 to 30secs

Soft reseting, changes everything back to normal

Any other hack
    it's worth trying
    Wow, it is fast! The incorrect battery read would cause me to not continue doing it. I don't want my phone to die on me when I least expect it.

If I was constantly using my phone with different apps, I would continue to use this tip. It's still nice to know though. Thanks! =)
    well, I don't feel that fast