1.    #1  
    Hello I currently own a sidekick lx from tmobile,and I just ordered a unlocked palm centro off of ebay.Im wondering which tmobile plan would work correctly with the centro.Is the plans internet speed gonna be slow like sidekicks or is it gonna be faster?
    Well I never used a sidekick so I can't compare, but I've used all the 600 models, including the Centro, on TMobile. I use their Total Internet plan for $20./mo (I might be grandfathered in for that rate.) It works fine, except for any kind of streaming content, which stalls after the first chunk of data. I think some people are still using the $6. TZones plan with their Treo/Centros, with a manual setup of the proxy server.
    Speeds will be comparable since Tmobile doesn't have any 3G/EVDO type arrangement. I've used an unlocked 680 before and found that it wasn't a real issue. If you can get the $6 Tzones that would be great. Also I thought the total internet/data plan was $30, not $30.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  4.    #4  
    I just remebered that sidekicks run there internet off of danger server so its not the same as tmobile....but what's the difference between tzone and total internet?
  5.    #5  
    Is tzone still even around?
    And what does the total internet plan have that tzone doesn't?
    I am not even sure either if they still offer it, but to use the $6. TZones plan you had to be able to input a proxy address into the program settings. So it only worked for programs that let you use a proxy. So Blazer and the major email programs are fine.
    But I couldn't use Google Maps and a bunch of other apps that accessed the internet.
  7.    #7  
    ^^alright no tzone what are my other plan options and what are included in them?(I would go to the tmobile site my self but im on my sidekick)
    You take the moon and you take the sun you take anything that seems like fun you stir it all up and then you done a rada rada ra u ah .So come on in feel free to do some looking stay awhile cause something else is cooking come on in feel free to do some looking stay awhile cause something else is cooking ya!^_^
  8.    #8  
    T-Mobile Total Internet $49.99 Unlimited* Unlimited* $0.20 per minute calling NA Unlimited* Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail Unlimited** *

T-Mobile Internet Add-On Plan $29.99 Unlimited* Unlimited* $0.20 per minute calling NA Unlimited* Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail * Add to any qualifying T-Mobile calling plan

HotSpot Add-on Plan $19.99 Unlimited** Unlimited** NA NA NA * Add to any qualifying T-Mobile calling plan

Are there current prices? Total internet seems like to much
    You take the moon and you take the sun you take anything that seems like fun you stir it all up and then you done a rada rada ra u ah .So come on in feel free to do some looking stay awhile cause something else is cooking come on in feel free to do some looking stay awhile cause something else is cooking ya!^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by (-_-)zzzzzzz View Post
    ^^alright no tzone what are my other plan options and what are included in them?(I would go to the tmobile site my self but im on my sidekick)
    It's been awhile since I've been on Tmobile, but the Tzones plan was designed for their phones that didn't have full Internet capabilites. It would direct them to sites for ringtones, games, and other Tmobile content. But if you had that plan with a web browser enabled phone, you could change the settings so that you could get full internet capability. It was hit and miss becuase every so often Tmobile would close the port and you couldn't get on it. I would have considered staying with them if they Internet plan prices were reasonable, but $29 is way too much. I think the hotspot is only for computers, not for cell phones (allows you to use the Tmobile network for your laptop). I have SERO plan with Sprint that is great but unfortunately is not available anymore to new users.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I've been on T-Mo since 2003, starting with the Treo 600, then 650 and now Centro. I have 600 minutes/month with unlimited minutes Friday, Saturday and Sunday ($40/month), and my unlimited data/wifi plan with Edge is $20/month (this may be grandfathered). You can do the unlimited internet add-on with the 300 minute plan ($30/month). I can do just about anything on the internet (unless it requires Java). So I can do email, web, ftp, etc.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I just went through this when trying add internet to my youngest son's Centro. (My wife and both kids have Centros). They no longer have the $5.99 type plan. There is a 10MB per month for $9.99 or there is Smartphone Unlimited Web option. Now a nice store rep told me how you to get around the setup issues. The plans are all based on phones. So you have to get connected through the web site then select the phone you are using and then add the service. If you choose say the Dash you can get the Smartphone Unlimited option which is now $24.99 a month. If you want the 10MB per month than select say the KRZR. There are a couple other options with data and text messaging plans. But I guess those are G1 specific.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I just ordered an unlocked Centro from Palm (with the $100 off deal) and am also wondering which tmobile data plan to choose.

I have some questions in case anyone knows:

1) Does the web2go 50MB plan for $9.99 have limitations like the older T-Zones plan (ie will only work with apps that let you set a proxy)?

2) Has anyone else heard that the max you can get charged under the $9.99 plan is an additional $15? If that's true AND there aren't any limitations this plan at its worst will almost be the same as the $24.99 unlimited internet plan (minus the 200 extra text messages that plan includes).. right?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I've been on T-Mo since 2003, starting with the Treo 600, then 650 and now Centro. I have 600 minutes/month with unlimited minutes Friday, Saturday and Sunday ($40/month), and my unlimited data/wifi plan with Edge is $20/month (this may be grandfathered). You can do the unlimited internet add-on with the 300 minute plan ($30/month). I can do just about anything on the internet (unless it requires Java). So I can do email, web, ftp, etc.

My Sprint SERO plan gives me 500 anytime minutes, unlimited nights starting at 7pm to 7am, unlimited weekends, unlimited mobile-to-mobile, unlimited text/internet/data services at 3G/EVDO speeds(including Sprint TV). About the only thing it doesn't have it turn-by-turn GPS. All for $30/month.

Oh, they also don't offer this plan anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    My Sprint SERO plan gives me 500 anytime minutes, unlimited nights starting at 7pm to 7am, unlimited weekends, unlimited mobile-to-mobile, unlimited text/internet/data services at 3G/EVDO speeds(including Sprint TV). About the only thing it doesn't have it turn-by-turn GPS. All for $30/month.

Oh, they also don't offer this plan anymore.

GSM phones including "unlocked" phones don't work with CDMA carriers like Sprint...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    GSM phones including "unlocked" phones don't work with CDMA carriers like Sprint...

I understand that. I was only responding to a question about the cost of services between carriers. I would be looking at different carriers and options if I didn't have this plan. When it goes away, then I'll be shopping around. I really don't have a preference to any one company. I'll go for the one that gives me the best bang for my bucks.