1.    #1  
    I have a Visor Platinum and all is working fine with HS Palm Desktop 3.1
    Should I upgrade? What does it really give me?
    Why would you want this software?

For the new improved user interface and features.
    We advised you to get the latest version.
    You want to synchronize via Infrared under Windows 2000 (using HotSync Manager 3.1.2H).
    You want the new Netscape support in the Mail conduit.
    You like having the latest software versions.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Originally posted by SpeakerCoach
    I have a Visor Platinum and all is working fine with HS Palm Desktop 3.1
    Should I upgrade? What does it really give me?
    SpeakerCoach
    Do it! It's a painless upgrade. Just hotsync your Visor, download Palm Desktop 4.01, and install. Takes about three minutes to install the new software (the download is about twenty minutes, however) and it's a MUCH nicer interface!

Now has Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly views in the calendar, along with a few other updates (themes, although they are very weak. Basically, choose your color)

It's a free upgrade, and adds a few new things, overall worth it. (although, why THIS should have taken Handspring YEARS to develope is beyond me!)
    Originally posted by Shel
    why THIS should have taken Handspring YEARS to develope is beyond me!
    Actually, Handspring didn't develope the desktop software... Palm did. Due to their tweaking of the OS and it's implementation of USB syncing (different than that of Palm's), I'm sure they did compatability and other testing on the HotSync Manager to ensure it would work with their products. Besides, all good things come to those who wait.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Downloaded and installed it yesterday with no problems so far.

Lee
    I need a new signature!