Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I searched and cannot find an answer. Is there a one-time wayto export GMail contacts and get them into the Palm 4.2 Desktop?

Or better yet, a way to keep Palm Desktop contacts synced with GMail contacts?

I just setup VersaMail on my Centro to access my long used Gmail account (i.e., that's where almost all of my current email addresses, but not phone numbers, are saved), and I see the only email addresses VersaMail uses are these from the Contacts app.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Bump. Someone has got to have some insights for this.
    You can export Gmail contacts to a csv file, and then import the csv file to Palm Desktop.

Your best bet for finding a syncing solution is to switch from the Palm Desktop to Outlook.
    Hmm, I just signed on here to ask a similar question.

I want to sync the info on my Centro with Gmail*. Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc. Currently I use Outlook, but Outlook is a slow and bloated piece of crap, and I'd like to cut out the fatass middleman. Google Sync doesn't appear to be compatible with any PalmOS devices.

Has anyone tried this:
    Palm Desktop Google Calendar Synchronization
    Or this:
    http://www.goosync.com/

*I'd also like to be able to sync my phone in Linux, but I haven't really experimented there yet.
    Last edited by Captain Spectacular; 02/18/2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Treo 650 -> Centro 128 MB
    I have tried to goosync option. Unfortunately you have to pay for the contacts to sync. The calendar syncs for free, and I have not had a problem with it.

Why don't you just do what was previously suggested and save your google contacts as a .csv format. It really is quite simple. If you need detailed instructions go to the help section at the top of google. I did it recently, and it was pretty easy.
    Last edited by nickf126; 02/18/2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Yeah, I don't like to pay for software either.

I can't speak for the OP, but my reason for not doing that is that it's not automatic. I would have to log in to Gmail, export, save CSV, open Outlook/Palm Desktop, Import... repeat the process in reverse to add contacts/calendars to Gmail/Google.

It's a hassle. I want to be able to Hotsync and have everything available on my phone, Outlook and Google. It should all display in Google Gadgets on both my Windows and Linux PCs at their next refresh interval. Clicking an extra "sync" button in Palm Desktop or Outlook would also be acceptable.
    Treo 650 -> Centro 128 MB
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spectacular View Post
    I can't speak for the OP, but my reason for not doing that is that it's not automatic. I would have to log in to Gmail, export, save CSV, open Outlook/Palm Desktop, Import... repeat the process in reverse to add contacts/calendars to Gmail/Google.

It's a hassle. I want to be able to Hotsync and have everything available on my phone, Outlook and Google. It should all display in Google Gadgets on both my Windows and Linux PCs at their next refresh interval. Clicking an extra "sync" button in Palm Desktop or Outlook would also be acceptable.
    That is my take also. A while ago I tried the Google CSV export. It worked the one time I used it, but I want something that I can use infrequently to keep both up to date. Thanks for the Google Calendar Synchronization link, I am in particular interested in contacts, their numbers and email addresses, being updated.