View Poll Results: How do you get most of your apps for your Visor?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I download and HotSync

37 94.87%
  • My friends/coworkers beam them to me

1 2.56%
  • Other

1 2.56%
  1.    #1  
    I'm curious.
    but are you yellow? or George?
    or just a strong mint?

I generally download, and eventually HotSync.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    I generally D/L and hotsync, but I have been known to beam occasionally.
  4.    #4  
    I got an ice Visor if that's what you mean. Anyways I download and generally will HotSync a few times a day.
    I selected "other" because of the lack of "both".
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Um, not to go off topic, but you do realize that you can install Palm apps without having to go through the whole HotSync routine?

Go to Palmgear.com and download Palminstall. Then just drag your apps/games onto the Palminstall icon, wait for it to load, and press the sync button on your cradle. Boom! Your good to go.
    foo, that's still a HotSync operation.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Lately, I have been using telnet from my Visor Prism (or PalmVNC) to download and extract the prc (or pdb) files to an ftp server and then Lftp on my Prism to install them into the PDA. It takes a lot longer than the regular method, but I find it more rewarding, since it means I'm bucking the trend.

Another way is as such: if you use a Flash card adaptor for your Visor, you could use a USB Flash drive to copy the app from your computer to one of your Flash cards, and then you can just copy it from the Flash to the PDA or (if you use MemPlug) run it directly off the Flash!

-JC
    http://www.jc-news.com/