1.    #1  
    I'm wondering if anybody has tried to use the centro to record lectures with the voice memo function with the centro and what the quality has been like. Thanks!
    CallRecord and the quality is good, once you position the device correctly.
  3.    #3  
    I think there might have been a misunderstanding, by Lectures I meant classes at university. So, Unless I'm mistaken (I've not owned a Palm smartphone, My newest devices is a T|T) callrecord is meant for phonecalls.

edit: Nm, I've found CalRec, if thats what you mean it might work, however, I wonder what the quality is like for people who are 10+ feet away from the centro.
    Last edited by sunrunner20; 02/13/2009 at 10:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrunner20 View Post
    I think there might have been a misunderstanding, by Lectures I meant classes at university. So, Unless I'm mistaken (I've not owned a Palm smartphone, My newest devices is a T|T) callrecord is meant for phonecalls.

edit: Nm, I've found CalRec, if thats what you mean it might work, however, I wonder what the quality is like for people who are 10+ feet away from the centro.
    I think this would depend on circumstances more than on the software; I just tried it, and, alone in an empty classroom, I could perfectly hear my own voice in the recording, when I was 9 m = 30 ft away.

However, when I sometimes recorded some of the stuff my previous boss said in a room with 80 people from about 15 m = 50 ft away, I really had to strain to understand what he said - my guess would be that the small noises from all those people raised the overall noise level so much that the Centro's software compensated by reducing the strength of the input signal.

Regards,

Jochen
    No, CallRec works fine. Just a distance pickup problem any device will have.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    CallRecord and the quality is good, once you position the device correctly.