Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    So I just saw that PocketTunes 5 is out and adds support for streaming WMA. This is what I had been waiting for but so far I can't get it to work. It automatically pops up in the free Kinoma player on my Centro. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    And I was excited about the podcast subscription support. I installed it, and subscribed to all my podcasts.
    There is no apparent control of when it will check and download new files. For mine, it waited until you selected the podcast and then buffered the whole file before starting playback. Unfortunately, I am on T-Mobile so it's probably not the best way to test this capability. In any event, I had to uninstall as my Centro kept freezing when it was searching for updated content.

I guess I will wait a few builds and try it again. I am eager to hear of others experiences.
    I've not tried it yet - but it appears the default (but adjustable) time ptunes checks for new content is 1am. I tried out the Car Talk podcast, and I could start listening as it downloaded. I'm on Sprint.

While the podcasting support is interesting, I've so far found the menus to set it up and us it really confusing. It takes way too many taps to use.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    The company got back to me and told me that wma files didn't work on the trial (which I had already discovered before writing them) but it at least gives you a message stating something so you know it tried. I am waiting for them to get back to me on the part where it actually plays stuff from a link. I sent them some examples.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff275 View Post
    So I just saw that PocketTunes 5 is out and adds support for streaming WMA. This is what I had been waiting for but so far I can't get it to work. It automatically pops up in the free Kinoma player on my Centro. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    This happens to me as well. I am trying to stream a local radio station from San Diego that I believe is wma or wpa. I normaly use Kinoma to stream it but Kinoma does not stream in the background like Pocket Tunes does. If anyone can figure this out, I would appreciate it. Thanks
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    They got back to me with some convoluted message saying I needed to contact the station. They play fine on Kinoma player, I just would prefer to use PocketTunes. I guess I'm out of luck for now. I was so excited too...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff275 View Post
    They got back to me with some convoluted message saying I needed to contact the station. They play fine on Kinoma player...
    If it works fine in Kinoma Player 4 EX, then the stations's stream is working fine.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    If it works fine in Kinoma Player 4 EX, then the stations's stream is working fine.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Will the free Kinoma Player 4 allow me to stream WMP on my Centro?
    No streaming for free version. Pay and upgrade to EX is the only option.