Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. lexhair's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm using DTG ver 10 with my Centro. I've got an excel file with a bunch of phone numbers in it. I seem to remember prior versions of DTG allowed the phone app to dial right from the DTG document but I could be wrong. I can't seem to do it with my current configuration. Maybe it's a formatting or hyperlink issue.

    Has anyone been successful dialing from a DTG Word or Excel file? Thanks in advance.
  2. Zcu
    Zcu is offline
    Zcu's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    #2  
    Phone Technician from hobbyist software does it from any application including dtg. Its called easy dial and itworks gr8.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpuglisi View Post
    I'm using DTG ver 10 with my Centro. I've got an excel file with a bunch of phone numbers in it. I seem to remember prior versions of DTG allowed the phone app to dial right from the DTG document but I could be wrong. I can't seem to do it with my current configuration. Maybe it's a formatting or hyperlink issue.

    Has anyone been successful dialing from a DTG Word or Excel file? Thanks in advance.
    I just checked my DTG and I can't dial. I don't ever remember being able to.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4. #4  
    You can at least copy and paste it into the phone app.
  5. #5  
    At one time SHSH Software (shsh.com) had such an application for dialing within applications.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    At one time SHSH Software (shsh.com) had such an application for dialing within applications.
    i think that is one of the many features of Takephone now
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    i think that is one of the many features of Takephone now
    Yes it does but not from within Docs to Go.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  8. #8  
    FieldPlus will allow you to dial a number directly from any application (it will also allow you to launch a URL from any App not to mention Cut/Copy/Paste functions that are great). It hasn't been enhanced in quite a while but it's FREE and it still works great even on my Centro.
  9. lexhair's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    FieldPlus will allow you to dial a number directly from any application (it will also allow you to launch a URL from any App not to mention Cut/Copy/Paste functions that are great). It hasn't been enhanced in quite a while but it's FREE and it still works great even on my Centro.
    Sweet tip. Thanks.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpuglisi View Post
    Sweet tip. Thanks.
    Glad I could help - I've picked up so many useful tips from others on this site over the years.

    BTW: FieldPlus also allows you to pop up the "old school" Palm OS command bar by holding the menu key down. Just another way to get to cut/copy/paste functions and other older apps that add an Icon to the CommandBar. I'm trying to learn Spanish so I use it to launch my SlovoEd dictionary to translate words for me by poping up a DA (DesktopApp) over whatever application I'm in.
    I know... More than you wanted to know. ;-) but maybe it will help someone else.
    Last edited by scheumanrj; 02/19/2009 at 04:57 PM.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Glad I could help - I've picked up so many useful tips from other on this site over the years.

    BTW: FieldPlus also allows you to pop up the "old school" Palm OS command bar by holding the menu key down. Just another way to get to cut/copy/paste functions and other older apps that add an Icon to the CommandBar. I'm trying to learn Spanish so I use it to launch my SlovoEd dictionary to translate words for me by poping up a DA (DesktopApp) over whatever application I'm in.
    I know... More than you wanted to know. ;-) but maybe it will help someone else.
    indeed. i never realized about SlovoEd being able to pop from Command Bar. Very Useful
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    indeed. i never realized about SlovoEd being able to pop from Command Bar. Very Useful
    Excellent! Now I'm glad I spent a few seconds and added that note.

Posting Permissions