Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I'm using DTG ver 10 with my Centro. I've got an excel file with a bunch of phone numbers in it. I seem to remember prior versions of DTG allowed the phone app to dial right from the DTG document but I could be wrong. I can't seem to do it with my current configuration. Maybe it's a formatting or hyperlink issue.

Has anyone been successful dialing from a DTG Word or Excel file? Thanks in advance.
  2. Zcu
    Phone Technician from hobbyist software does it from any application including dtg. Its called easy dial and itworks gr8.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpuglisi View Post
    I'm using DTG ver 10 with my Centro. I've got an excel file with a bunch of phone numbers in it. I seem to remember prior versions of DTG allowed the phone app to dial right from the DTG document but I could be wrong. I can't seem to do it with my current configuration. Maybe it's a formatting or hyperlink issue.

Has anyone been successful dialing from a DTG Word or Excel file? Thanks in advance.
    I just checked my DTG and I can't dial. I don't ever remember being able to.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    You can at least copy and paste it into the phone app.
    At one time SHSH Software (shsh.com) had such an application for dialing within applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    At one time SHSH Software (shsh.com) had such an application for dialing within applications.
    i think that is one of the many features of Takephone now
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    i think that is one of the many features of Takephone now
    Yes it does but not from within Docs to Go.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    FieldPlus will allow you to dial a number directly from any application (it will also allow you to launch a URL from any App not to mention Cut/Copy/Paste functions that are great). It hasn't been enhanced in quite a while but it's FREE and it still works great even on my Centro.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    FieldPlus will allow you to dial a number directly from any application (it will also allow you to launch a URL from any App not to mention Cut/Copy/Paste functions that are great). It hasn't been enhanced in quite a while but it's FREE and it still works great even on my Centro.
    Sweet tip. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpuglisi View Post
    Sweet tip. Thanks.
    Glad I could help - I've picked up so many useful tips from others on this site over the years.

BTW: FieldPlus also allows you to pop up the "old school" Palm OS command bar by holding the menu key down. Just another way to get to cut/copy/paste functions and other older apps that add an Icon to the CommandBar. I'm trying to learn Spanish so I use it to launch my SlovoEd dictionary to translate words for me by poping up a DA (DesktopApp) over whatever application I'm in.
    I know... More than you wanted to know. ;-) but maybe it will help someone else.
    Last edited by scheumanrj; 02/19/2009 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Glad I could help - I've picked up so many useful tips from other on this site over the years.

BTW: FieldPlus also allows you to pop up the "old school" Palm OS command bar by holding the menu key down. Just another way to get to cut/copy/paste functions and other older apps that add an Icon to the CommandBar. I'm trying to learn Spanish so I use it to launch my SlovoEd dictionary to translate words for me by poping up a DA (DesktopApp) over whatever application I'm in.
    I know... More than you wanted to know. ;-) but maybe it will help someone else.
    indeed. i never realized about SlovoEd being able to pop from Command Bar. Very Useful
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    indeed. i never realized about SlovoEd being able to pop from Command Bar. Very Useful
    Excellent! Now I'm glad I spent a few seconds and added that note.