1.    #1  
    So Google announce sync with contacts and calendar using Exchange today (Google turns on Exchange for iPhone and Windows Mobile users - Ars Technica).

While Palm OS is not specifically mentioned, Palm OS has had exchange support for a while. Has anyone gotten their palm to sync with google calendar?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Don't know yet. Tho I have seen someone on google's mobile help forums trying various syncml services/sites seeing if it will work.

Will post more if I see/hear anything.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Ok so from this thread on the Google Mobile Help Group:

Download link:
    Synthesis AG - SyncML Client Product Downloads
    (The .prc file installs fine directly on your phone over email or web.)

Here are my settings:

Server URL:
    https://m.google.com:443/syncml

User:
    [yourname]@gmail.com

Password:
    [your gmail password]

Synchronize databases:
    (Check Contacts, uncheck all others)

On the first "more..." screen:
    Contacts: Slow (for the first time -- will automatically change to Normal for subsequent syncs)
    Server Path: contacts

That should be it!

The lack of Calendar support over SyncML appears to be a limitation on Google's end, not a problem with the SyncML client. I'm using GooSync for now: GooSync Home Page
    Have at it, if you dare.
    To get Calendar syncing on the Palm working, you have to make sure the URI for the Calendar is "calendar" (not "cal" or "events"). Also, make sure any date range restrictions for the syncing are turned off.

I did this with the Synthesis SyncML client and it successfully synced my Datebook -- and generated a bunch of duplicate events. I'm experimented to figure out how to present that...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Gave it a shot (contacts and calendar) on my Centro using Synthesis STD and it seems to be pulling data from Google just fine. I don't see anything from my Centro synced to Gmail yet..
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hitormiss View Post
    To get Calendar syncing on the Palm working, you have to make sure the URI for the Calendar is "calendar" (not "cal" or "events"). Also, make sure any date range restrictions for the syncing are turned off.

I did this with the Synthesis SyncML client and it successfully synced my Datebook -- and generated a bunch of duplicate events. I'm experimented to figure out how to present that...

Could you expand on that just a little? Which URI where? Something within google calendar or the syncML client?

Also, do you have multiple google calendars? How's that working if you do?
    It's on the setting page in the Synthesis SyncML client on the Palm (click on "more" under "Synchronize database:" and change "cal" to "calendar").

There does not appear to be a way to synchronize multiple calendars. Right now that only appears to work on the iPhone...

Not working, the SyncML client shows "DB not found" on "Events" regardless of what I set the URI to for the calendar.

Ideas?

According to Google, only contacts are supported by SyncML; how are you getting calendars to sync also?