1.    #1  
    I can't install drivers for my Treo 755p, and as such it can't hotsync. I have to go back into XP to Hotsync. Anyone know a way around it?
    Since Windows 7 is so much like Vista, chances are you won't be able to hotsync on it any more than you could on Vista without the 6.2 Palm desktop - or bluetooth.
  3.    #3  
    Wait so you're saying that they don't even have drivers for Vista?? Only to XP? Wow. And no one has come up with a solution?
    They sorta have drivers for Vista, but not the 64 bit version. You will have to install the 6.2 Palm desktop, but your best bet will be to sync via bluetooth.
    What sort of problems are there with Vista? I've been syncing my 755p and Palm TX with both Vista and XP Pro systems for quite awhile and haven't had any problems.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6.    #6  
    There aren't any drivers for it. I have Windows 7 64bit.
    Windows 7 is still in beta testing and is not a finished product. The very nature of beta software is that not everything will work with it, or is intended to. IMHO, I think that software manufacturer's have come to rely on the general public to do their testing and debugging on new products. I'm sure many people would argue that, given all it's problems, Vista is still a beta product. My previous response was to the 32-bit edition, not the 64. You hadn't mentioned what you were running in your original post.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Windows 7 is still in beta testing
    Yes, but I don't think Vista 64 is in beta.
    Is Vista 32 the EOL for Palm Desktop?

I don't own a Pre, but does it even have a Desktop?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have Vista 64, and the only way I can hot sync is through blue tooth.

I can still break out my old XP system, though, if I want to hot sync via USB. I had to do that in order to install the 1.07 update.
    Any update to this? I just got a new computer with Windows 7 Pro

Thanks,

Rick
    Hi,

I have been able to Hotsync on my Windows 7 64 bit computer using bluetooth. I am using an HP Pavillion dv-7 model 3080us and a Treo 755p Sprint.

I downloaded and isntalled version 6.2 of Desktop and Hotsync.

On the Treo I enabled Bluetooth and made the device discoverable.

In Windows I went into Devices and Printers and Add a Device. MY Treo 755p was next to the computer and Windows 7 found it. After Windows 7 found the Treo it gave me an 8 digit number to type into the Treo to pair the devices. (I cannot recall every step in this process, but it was all pretty straight forward.) That worked and the Treo appearred as a device in Windows.

After checking Bluetooth on the Hotsync tray application, I initiated a hotsync from the Treo. It took 10 minutes the first time but everything on the phone backed up to the computer.

Note that Windows 7 moved the Hotsync files on the computer into a folder below C:\Users\<my name>\My Documents\Palm OS Desktop\FrankM. This is different from the XP location.

I did this last night. I put the computer into hibernate mode and when I woke it up today Hotsync displayed an error about the serial port not being available, but it would find it when it needed it. I made some changes on the Treo and Hotsynced again. Everything worked and it took about 2-3 minutes.

So, maybe I am just lucky, but I got it to work.

Good luck.

Maurice

P. S. Migrating to W7 especially 64 bit is not a piece of cake, but I do like many of the UI features.