1.    #1  
    I bought an ADATA Turbo 8GB card and applied the 680 SDHC hack to my 700p which is ROMd to 755p.

I formatted the card to 32k (and later 16k) blocks and copied over TomTom, MP3s and various other stuff.

The card keeps corrupting after about a day. My CallRec .mp3's will be unplayable, uncopyable, I'll get folders I can't open. Then the entire card won't show in Windows (using a SDHC card reader, the same the card was formatted in).

Initially everything works great, but like I said, after a day it bombs out.

So I RMA'd it back to Newegg and they sent another.

Having the same problems.

I've QuickFormatted and I've Unconditionally Formatted in Windows with both 16k and 32k blocks. I've left the card nearly empty, I've filled it over halfway, no matter what I do it corrupts.

The only thing I haven't done is performed a Hard Reset and done it all from scratch.

Any advice?

Thanks.
    -Nick.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Hey Nick,

I never went above 4GB with cards on my Palm devices . . . . it seemed people were always posting about the problems you are encountering.

I never had any issues with cards 4GB and under from San Disk.

I know this doesn't help, but it was my experience.

Not sure if it is a larger capacity card problem or a problem with the Palm OS.

Cheers.
  3.    #3  
    Interesting, thanks. I read plenty of instructions and reviews saying, Go for it! so I'm pretty disappointed it isn't working out.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    I always formatted my cards with the Palm device that would be using the card. . . . . . .

Bought the card new . . . . put it right into the Palm device and did the card format selection before adding anything to the card. . . . . . probably unnecessary but my cards worked for 18 plus months without failing. . . . .

I
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/09/2009 at 05:00 PM.
  5.    #5  
    That won't work on >4 GB cards will it, bc no matter what Card Info shows only 4 GB despite 8, 16, whatever GB being available.

I just tried to format a 4 GB SDHC card on the Palm. Let it go for 15 minutes and it was still "Formatting." I believe it hung, so cancelled it.

Does Formatting large cards on the Palm take forever?

So far I'm stuck with a non-SDHC 4GB card that works perfectly. All SDHC seem to fail.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle View Post
    That won't work on >4 GB cards will it, bc no matter what Card Info shows only 4 GB despite 8, 16, whatever GB being available.

I just tried to format a 4 GB SDHC card on the Palm. Let it go for 15 minutes and it was still "Formatting." I believe it hung, so cancelled it.

Does Formatting large cards on the Palm take forever?

So far I'm stuck with a non-SDHC 4GB card that works perfectly. All SDHC seem to fail.

Bummer . . . .but that is where I retreated to . . . . . ..