Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So my 6th 650 (drop a few of them, I've had it since 2004). Anyways I take it in today, thinking they'll give me another 650, but low and behold, they didn't have any left! So they upgraded me for free to a 755p!

Awesome!

So curious to know, I have a MicroSD 16gb. Is there anyway to make that work with the 755p? Also, what the most it can support? Can I get it as MicroSD and then use a MiniSD converter?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Congratulations!

From what I gather you should be able to use any size, or at least any size currently available. Card Info will be wrong but people report that at least 8M has worked with no other problems.

You need the card to wind up MiniSD, so get one of the MicroSD cards with the MiniSD adapter (Target had a cheap 1G with one a while back) and you're golden, I've had no problem using MicroSD that way.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, so can you point me to one that would work?

Also, anyone have any must have apps for the phone? IE, things that'll make it work faster or anything like that?

Also, there has to be a way to make "My Location" in Google Maps work. Yes?
  4.    #4  
    Also, is there anyway to download full maps for google maps? Like so I don't have to connect to the internet?
  5.    #5  
    Damn it, I can't find ANYTHING on this. Does ANYONE know what the hell is going on with my 755p? I got a 16gb MicroSD card and then got a miniSD adapter. The 755p won't recognize it. What format does it need to be in? How much does the 755p recognize? Also, anyone have answers on my previous questions?
    I bought the 1GB microSD card with miniSD adapter for my 755p and it didn't recognize it either but it seemed to be more an issue of a touchy adapter. I removed the microSD card and reinserted several times and finally it worked. I was then able to take a 4GB SDHC card and get that working but it took a few tries as well.
    I'm using a Toshiba 4gb MiniSD-HC card in my 755p and have had no problem whatsoever. Just plugged it in and it worked.

I seem to recall some discussion here from last year about people having issues after formatting their cards in Windows. Try searching...

I think the 755p will only recognize 8gb
    I just recently bought a Patriot 8GB MicroSD card, fitted inside a mini-SD adapter, and tried it out in my Sprint Treo 755p. I'm getting bad results. Sometimes the Treo recognizes the card, other times not. Very inconsistent. Anyone else having the same problem?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Just stick with the tried and true original brand San Disk. I have a real micro 8G in a real San Disk adapter and works great. Yes the "CARD INFO" shows it as 4G but if you download "Files" found in the app "my treo" under the bonus tab it shows the actual memory. Also, if you have the program "Card Reader" installed so you can read the card directly from "My Computor" on your desk top and right click on the drive that shows the card and click on properties, it also shows the proper amount of memory.
    Last edited by gap1200; 02/28/2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: left something out
    Kyocera 7135, 700p, 755p and waiting for the next one. yehh!! PALM PRE please come to verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Ok, so can you point me to one that would work?

Also, anyone have any must have apps for the phone? IE, things that'll make it work faster or anything like that?

I would like to think that you could, but I don't think so. I recall reading/hearing that the My Location option is only for Centro owners. Best of luck. Of course if you figure it out, please let us know.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I use a Kingston 8 GB, class 4 microSDHC card with a mini-to-micro adapter on my 755p and have not had any problems.

Cheers.
    This makes me crazy that the cellular towers can't pass a zip code (or long/lat) of the tower back to the Palm phones (or any mobile phone).

The Palm VII with it's web clippings applications were smart enough to get the zip code back in 1999 from it's wireless network.

It's crazy that the first Palm phones didn't support this, let along generations later. They finally put something like this in the Centro, but I still think it's crazy that they haven't figured it out before now.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Damn it, I can't find ANYTHING on this. Does ANYONE know what the hell is going on with my 755p? I got a 16gb MicroSD card and then got a miniSD adapter. The 755p won't recognize it. What format does it need to be in? How much does the 755p recognize? Also, anyone have answers on my previous questions?
    I don't think the 755p will recognize anything >8gb SDHC. It officially only recognizes 4gb, so that say it doesn't comply with the SDHC protocol completely. If it did, it would recognize cards up to 32gb. But I think the Palm OS is the limiting factor.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by gap1200 View Post
    Just stick with the tried and true original brand San Disk. I have a real micro 8G in a real San Disk adapter and works great. Yes the "CARD INFO" shows it as 4G but if you download "Files" found in the app "my treo" under the bonus tab it shows the actual memory. Also, if you have the program "Card Reader" installed so you can read the card directly from "My Computor" on your desk top and right click on the drive that shows the card and click on properties, it also shows the proper amount of memory.
    I followed your advice and...

after paying $17 to a 100% feedback user on eBay, it works just like you said. Thanks for sharing!!!!!
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 03/19/2009 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I use a Kingston 8 GB, class 4 microSDHC card with a mini-to-micro adapter on my 755p and have not had any problems.

Cheers.
    This is what I'm using as well with no problems except after I get to the 4GB with data, Docs2Go v10 will no longer sync files over because it reports the card as full. The weird part is that Hotsync will still allow me to install apps to the card, so it's definitely not something Palm OS is passing on to D2G.
    Chris
    My thoughts on NVFS:
    Also, is there anyway to download full maps for google maps? Like so I don't have to connect to the internet?
    No, Google Maps is an internet app. Also, like others have said, only the Centro passes on its location to Google Maps. There are Windows Mobile Treos that have built-in GPS that can use other GPS apps, but I don't think even they can use Google Maps. That appears to be a Centro only feature (which is crazy).
    Chris
    My thoughts on NVFS:
    The main question in this thread was never answered... anyone using a 16gb card on their 755p?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    The main question in this thread was never answered... anyone using a 16gb card on their 755p?
    Good point!

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that it "can" be done. It seems to me that I remember some people doing some crazy things to the ROM on previous devices a few years back, for a similar "card size" issue. (Obviously it wasn't as large of a card.)

The question is are those minds still around or did they move on to some other phone/device/system? The pool of people will only get smaller as the existing Palm OS will not be supported in WebOS -- those folks just might move on, if they haven't already.
    I just bought an 8GB micro SD HC card for my 755p (it's the Gigaware brand from RatShack). What's the HC? What's the number 2 in a circle mean?

Anyway, the phone sees it (that's good) my COMPUTER doesn't recognize it (that;s bad!), so I can't put on any of the info I took off my old 2GB card! I don't want to try something that will fail and possibly lose the info from the card. Suggestions will be appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by L.R.Cote View Post
    I just bought an 8GB micro SD HC card for my 755p (it's the Gigaware brand from RatShack). What's the HC? What's the number 2 in a circle mean?

Anyway, the phone sees it (that's good) my COMPUTER doesn't recognize it (that;s bad!), so I can't put on any of the info I took off my old 2GB card! I don't want to try something that will fail and possibly lose the info from the card. Suggestions will be appreciated!
    High Capacity.

There are three speeds of SD cards -- you have the second fastest.

I believe Treos have a problem recognizing many different brands (name & no-name), I read that somewhere on a board, and experienced it, too, so I went with someone's recommendation of Sandisk. Problem solved.

All the best!

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast