Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Lately, I've been annoyed to have to go into the phone section of my Centro to dial a number. Is there something I am missing here.

    LOL, I know this is not a new phone and all, but still....

    Some help, I would love to be able to dial a number from any program or screen and the phone app comes up.

    Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2. #2  
    Just hit the phone button & there's the dial pad.
  3. #3  
    I don't think there is any smartphone that would let you dial while you were in any application. No offense, but is it really that hard to press the phone button and then dial a number or press a quick key? The Centro is so fast, and the shortcut buttons at the bottom are really convienant. With something like Initiate, you can dial a number or type in a contact while you are in the applications screen.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, thanks... I think.

    YES, I know i can hit the shortcut button, but sometimes I am doing other things and I punch in the numbers to see that I forgot to go to the phone shortcut button.

    Silly me, I just thought a phone should be a phone first.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  5. #5  
    Except its not a phone. It is a handheld computer that makes phone calls too.

    Any frequently called numbers can be set as a short cut and called from any app as long as you aren't in a text field at the time.
  6. #6  
    you can try
    1.MarknDial 2.0
    h**p://mytreo.net/downloads/markndial,464.html
    2.TopSelecText 4.4
    h**p://www.ranosoft.net/treo/top-selec-text/
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    Except its not a phone. It is a handheld computer that makes phone calls too.

    Any frequently called numbers can be set as a short cut and called from any app as long as you aren't in a text field at the time.

    Are you sure the shortcuts work like that? I tried it in a number of applications and in the main application page and it wouldn't work for me. If you're in the phone application it works.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Are you sure the shortcuts work like that? I tried it in a number of applications and in the main application page and it wouldn't work for me. If you're in the phone application it works.
    Phone App > Menu > Edit Favorites Button > Set Speed Dial > Set Quick Key

    Then do as deibelsan posted... you do need to hold down the key for a second or so.

    GeekyMom, maybe you should map every button to the phone app.

    Glad I could help... I think.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by notmuch View Post
    Phone App > Menu > Edit Favorites Button > Set Speed Dial > Set Quick Key

    Then do as deibelsan posted... you do need to hold down the key for a second or so.

    GeekyMom, maybe you should map every button to the phone app.

    Glad I could help... I think.

    I know how to set a shortcut. But you are saying that if you go into the application screen, or into an application like camera, hotsync, or Blazer, or even the main application screen, you can press the shortcut key and get it to dial the number associated with that key?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I know how to set a shortcut. But you are saying that if you go into the application screen, or into an application like camera, hotsync, or Blazer, or even the main application screen, you can press the shortcut key and get it to dial the number associated with that key?
    Press and hold, yes.

    You can also set a favorite like that to message someone, go straight to a specific website, or launch a different program. Works with any program running.
  11. sstlthy's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #11  
    Remember, the Quick Key (press and hold) works unless you are using KeyCaps.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sstlthy View Post
    Remember, the Quick Key (press and hold) works unless you are using KeyCaps.
    THAT'S why my 'M' for MySpace didn't work earlier! Haha, I just downloaded KeyCaps600 earlier this afternoon to try it out. Now I'm torn: I LOVE using the Favorites quick keys, but I've already grown very fond of KC600... Oh life is tough sometimes! Maybe I can assign my favorites to a DBLP button instead.. at least that's the first 'happy medium' that pops into my mind.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sstlthy View Post
    Remember, the Quick Key (press and hold) works unless you are using KeyCaps.
    Ok. That's the why it didn't work for me. I couldn't give up keycaps.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post

    Some help, I would love to be able to dial a number from any program or screen and the phone app comes up.
    If you are prepared to spend a bit of additional money, then PhoneTechnician by Hobbyist Software gives you at least partly what you want.

    One of its options is "Easy dial"; with it ticked, you can select a phone number in the (text input) program you're in and press the phone button; a box pops up asking you whether you want to Dial/SMS/Cancel.

    Not quite what you wanted, but useful for when you're in Calendar, Memos, Email,...

    Regards,

    Jochen
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Ok. That's the why it didn't work for me. I couldn't give up keycaps.
    Hey, I just found a solution for guys like us: in Butler, enable the Keylauncher feature, then set the KeyCaps600 option from 0 to 1. Works like a charm!

Posting Permissions