1.    #1  
    Looks like the Centro is on the Sprint EOL list.

Sprint EOL list reveals target Palm Pre launch, plenty more : Boy Genius Report

RIP - Great low cost smartphone!
    I wonder if this is just Sprint I just got a reseller email from
    Palm with some new SKU's for Centro accessories.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Looks like the Centro is on the Sprint EOL list.

Sprint EOL list reveals target Palm Pre launch, plenty more : Boy Genius Report

RIP - Great low cost smartphone!
    I wonder what will replace it? It can't be the Pre can it?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Seems counter to Palm's originally stated goal of having 3 tiers, PalmOS for comsumer, WebOS for prosumer and WM for professional. Could either be a Sprint thing (although they are the biggest Palm supporters so I doubt it) or maybe there is a Refresh2 coming down the line
    I wonder if Palm will be making another entry in the $99 smartphone market- the Centro is a great phone despite the limitations of Palm OS, but despite good sales it hasn't been a huge profit maker for Palm from what I've heard, so who knows? Maybe they're willing to leave this market to the texting-oriented dumbphones and the BlackBerry Pearl, but if that's the case, that's a shame.
    Palm T|X and Palm Centro (VZW)
    Perhaps they'll come out with a consumer version of the Pre.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I just talked to two different friends who works inside Verizon and there has been no hint that the Centro is being EOL there. So I am wondering if it is only Sprint who will stop selling the Centro, too many Palm products at once?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I just talked to two different friends who works inside Verizon and there has been no hint that the Centro is being EOL there. So I am wondering if it is only Sprint who will stop selling the Centro, too many Palm products at once?
    Verizon seems to keep phones around longer than Sprint- you can still get a Treo 700wx on VZW, for example. (Though that's probably in part due to the fact that they rejected the 800w, they do have a front-facing QWERTY successor in the form of the Samsung Saga)
    Palm T|X and Palm Centro (VZW)
    Palm has amortized the life of GarnetOS through 2010 on their books. I doubt they will release any other models with this OS and expect that webOS will have a low end device in the product line.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Palm has amortized the life of GarnetOS through 2010 on their books. I doubt they will release any other models with this OS and expect that webOS will have a low end device in the product line.
    I agree that the Centro will be the last Palm OS based device. Also dont forget VZW got the Centro about 6 months after Sprint exclusive ended. So I bet it will be around alittle longer on VZW.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Don'T know how "low end" you can go on web OS. Seems like it may need some high end components to run with any reasonable speed, efficiency, stability. If so, I doubt you could see a device with a low end price tag.

Maybe it will run OK on lower end hardware. I guess we will just have to see.
    Centro Treo Pre Visor 2.0 with Palm OS 6

Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.