1.    #1  
    Is there any way to redefine the home app on the Centro. By default, it is the phone app. I actually use my Centro (as I did my 650 and 600) for a lot besides phone. My own personal preference would be to assign BigClock as my default home app so that I have the clock available by just turning it on. If I need the phone app, I am perfectly happy to press the phone button first.

Thanks in advance

Scott
    Look for an app called OnLaunch. You can specify which app will launch when the screen is turned back on, & how long the screen is dark before that app takes effect.
    What do you mean by "home app?" My Centro comes back where I left it when I turn it on. Are you using the red button to turn it back on?

Concerning the clock, there are several programs that show the clock in big numbers when keyguard is active.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    What do you mean by "home app?" My Centro comes back where I left it when I turn it on. Are you using the red button to turn it back on?
    I'll bet he is using the Phone button to turn on the phone. (Which until I tried it, I didn't even know it turned it on.) But yeah, if you use the red button, it turns on the Centro to whatever application you last used. If you want to use the phone button, I guess you could use LudasP to change the program it opens.
    Yep, if you use the phone button to turn it back on, it opens the phone app. If you use the calendar button to turn it back on, it opens the calendar app. And so on with all of the hard buttons. The red button opens the device where you left it when you turned it off.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  6.    #6  
    No, I use the red button to turn it on, and it comes back where it was, but the thing is designed to default to the phone app on startup or reset and a few other times, but I don't want it to default to phone, but to clock.

I will try OnLaunch and see how that goes.

Thanks for the advice.

Scott

Update: OnLaunch is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you so very much. I figured you guys would have the answer.
    Last edited by scottmcgee; 02/01/2009 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcgee View Post
    the thing is designed to default to the phone app on startup or reset
    Reset, yes, but startup: no. PalmOS is designed to stay put when it sleeps & By default has no option to set a 'home' screen. Which is one of the most confusing aspects for people just starting with PalmOS; we're raised on technology with home screens and it's a bit strange to get used to a program without one.

That being said, that's why so many apps have been made to produce a home screen (such as the great TAKEphONE) and, in turn, we get tons of options and custopmizations that most other OSs lack. Which is also the reason OnLaunch was written, for people who just couldn't part with a default screen-on display.

I used OnLaunch for the first few months, but eventually found it to be personally limiting, since I sometimes go long periods of time with interruptions in web browsing or reading an ebook, due to my job, & it was more of a bother to relaunch my desired app & find where I left off. If I want to see my pretty 'homescreen' I just hit the phone button instead of the red & TAKEphONE pops right up with the time & weather.

Or I just Opt+Red to pop up the screensaver if I need to see the time in the middle of using a different app on the device.

Hope that ramble made sense. & you're very welcome for the OnLaunch reccomendation, always love to be of help =D
    A program called Softreset allows you to generate a reset on demand without removing the battery but also allows you to designate what program comes up after the reset. It is freeware.
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    A program called Softreset allows you to generate a reset on demand without removing the battery but also allows you to designate what program comes up after the reset. It is freeware.
    OnLaunch does this, too =D (For all resets)