Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    The Self-portrait Mirror on the back of my Sprint Centro has fallen out and I can't find it. It's lost. All that's there now is a recessed hole on the case. I can see inside the case and what looks like a small sensor (for light level?) mounted on a circuit board.

Is there any way to get another Self-portrait Mirror? I can use some adhesive and put it back on and in.

I signed up for the Sprint TEP (Total Equipment Protection) package when I for the phone. I don't want to change out the entire device just for this. But I will if that's the only option. Ideas?
    As long as you back everything up via a program such as NVBackup, it will be relatively painless. You don't mail your phone in until you receive the new one, so there's no amount of time gone without a device. The only thing is that $50 deductable you have to pay.. & I personally don't think the self-portrait mirror is THAT important
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    > I personally don't think the self-portrait mirror is THAT important
    Agreed on that.

Today I got a letter saying some of those deductibles have gone up to $100. Deductible are now by model (either $50 or 100), but they do not have the Centro listed in their list.

But I am concerned that now the circuitry has an opening to the environment .... my environment of lint, dust and dirt in my clothes, especially work clothes. The surface mount electronics probably weren't intended for that.
    Very good point.. maybe a carefully-placed ball of rubber cement, or something similar?

& I think it's a safe bet that the Centro will be one of those that stay at $50, considering it's already less than $100 new with contract.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I thought I'd close this out after getting this fixed. I'm traveling this week, saw a nice new-looking Sprint store, went in, explained what happened. They took a look, took the phone 'in the back' for no more than two minutes, and came back with a mirror glued in place. Thanks Sprint Store, Amherst, NY.