1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    i installed this thing yesterday, no Resets yet and the phone feels a bit more stable, EXCEPT this one really big thing

It happened twice already where I dial a number, the phone looks like it's dialing, but nothing happens.

I just get the talk screen, with these options:

HANG UP ALL and HOLD, no speaker phone as usual.
    And the call just counts on..

People I'm calling say they see an error or blocked caller ID and hear static when they answer.

What the hell!?
  2. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Ha, it seems my palm thinks that I am in headset mode, even though I'm not!
  3. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    And when I actually PUT the headset in (not bluetooth, regular) it hangs up!
    Dunno if this has been an issue with the 755p but I've read that this has been an issue with earlier Treos.

Sometimes the the contacts in the jack get "stuck" and the phone thinks there's a headset inserted when there isn't.

Mine would get like this sometimes when using the Palm 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter, but not with the stock (supplied) earbuds. So I just use the stock earbuds instead...
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    This is really odd, but this happened to me today on my Sprint Treo 655p v1.07. This has never happened before this morning. Sprint burp? Palm glitch waiting till 2009-Jan-29? Hmm...
    I dunno if my 755p got worse, but i was getting a few resets here and there before the update, and all of a sudden the last few days I got like 4 resets.
    I have had the opposite experience here. Before 1.08 I had regular resets. Since then I have had none. Very pleased with the upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulclif View Post
    I have had the opposite experience here. Before 1.08 I had regular resets. Since then I have had none. Very pleased with the upgrade.
    Mine is just the opposite. Ever since I did the upgrade to 1.08, I've average 4-5 resets a week, usually when I'm trying to access email or messaging. Before the upgrade, I had only had one or two since I had the phone.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  9. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    wtf, I thought I got rid of it, but now it happened again.. It's whenever I use my headphones to listen to music through Pocket Tunes or TCPMP, next few calls that come in / or go out, the device refuses to leave the headset mode.
    Since I updated, it takes FOREVER to switch from one program to another. I'm left staring t a white screen for about 10 seconds. The programs still work, but the wait isn't good.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    About 2 weeks in to 1.08 and I can't say I see a material change
    The wife's 755p was slow on e-mail account before with 1.04, so upgraded it to the 1.08 and it is still slow in the morning. It acts like it needs a coffee before it starts working faster.
    I finally broke down and went into a Sprint store and complained about my phone and the constant resets. Guess what? They are replacing the phone for me. They don't have any 755p's in stock but they said they would order me one and it would be here in a few days. I do have the total equipment replacement, that might have factored in. I wonder if the new one will have the 1.08 version of firmware or not.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."