Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    Woo-hoo! Check out Handspring's Customer Support Downloads page to grab it, or for the lazy, click below:

    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...esktopSoftware
  2. #2  
    Just in case anybody's curious, I installed this over my previous installation of PD 4.0 from the palm website (which I had installed via the method previously suggested in this forum), and had no problem. The USB conduit worked fine, as did my AvantGo sync.
  3. #3  
    As did dennisl, I upgraded from the ad-hoc'd Palm version. All works great! USB & Infrared, Win2k-sp1 on a Dell Inspiron laptop. No problem with any conduits, either (I use multimail, Pocket Quicken, Intelligolf, & AvantGo).

    Kudos to HS, this looks like it was worth the wait.
  4. #4  
    Is it just me, or is that site very sarcastic?

    Why would you want this software?

    For the new improved user interface and features.
    We advised you to get the latest version.
    You want to synchronize via Infrared under Windows 2000 (using HotSync Manager 3.1.2H).
    You want the new Netscape support in the Mail conduit.
    You like having the latest software versions.
    -Bernie

    "One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
  5. #5  
    I too have an Inspiron running Windows 2000 Pro and installed Palm Desktop 4.0.1 last nite. USB hotsync works fine but am unable to get IR hotsynd to work. Any suggestions?
  6. #6  
    Why would you want this software?

    For the new improved user interface and features.
    We advised you to get the latest version.
    You want to synchronize via Infrared under Windows 2000 (using HotSync Manager 3.1.2H).
    You want the new Netscape support in the Mail conduit.
    You like having the latest software versions.
    1. Sorta
    2. No
    3. Don't have Windows 2000 nor do I hotsync using IR
    4. Never liked Netscape Mail.
    5. We have a winner.

    Jason
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by Zeppo
    I too have an Inspiron running Windows 2000 Pro and installed Palm Desktop 4.0.1 last nite. USB hotsync works fine but am unable to get IR hotsynd to work. Any suggestions?
    Do you have the IR port turned on in the BIOS? And it shows up in Device Manager as a fast IR port? Did you turn on File sharing and turn off Image sharing in the IT settings (Wireless Link under control panel)?
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs


    Do you have the IR port turned on in the BIOS? And it shows up in Device Manager as a fast IR port? Did you turn on File sharing and turn off Image sharing in the IT settings (Wireless Link under control panel)?
    Yes I have done all those things.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by Zeppo


    Yes I have done all those things.
    What kind of Visor are you using?
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs


    What kind of Visor are you using?
    Visor Deluxe. I get an error saying failure to access the IR port.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by Zeppo


    Visor Deluxe. I get an error saying failure to access the IR port.
    Where is that error at? on the Visor, Hotsync Log, Windows eeror log....?

    I'm pretty sure that the Visor Deluxe doesn't support IR hotsyncing. The OS doesn't have it bulit-in. OS 3.5.2 (Edge/Prism/PLTM) have it bulit-in. Anybody else...is this true?


    ***UPDATE****

    This is from Handspring's website on instructions for IR syncing.

    4. On your handheld tap the applications icon, then tap the HotSync icon. Choose Local. Choose IR to a PC/Handheld from the pull down menu.

    The Visor deluxe can't so this, it doesn't have the option to choose "IR to a PC/Handheld".

    So I now believe 100% that you can't IR sync to your Visor DLX. There is a addin app that allows for it but the DLX doesn't have native support.
  12. #12  
    It's not built in, but you can do it.

    There are other threads on this, but in a nutshell, you have to get the Enhanced IR Update from the www.Palm.com, but *only* install the SerrIrComm.prc. Than you can use IrLink 1.5 from www.iscomplete.com to enable an IR sync. There is a free alternative, also to be found in these pages, but I never got it to work.
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs


    Where is that error at? on the Visor, Hotsync Log, Windows eeror log....?

    I'm pretty sure that the Visor Deluxe doesn't support IR hotsyncing. The OS doesn't have it bulit-in. OS 3.5.2 (Edge/Prism/PLTM) have it bulit-in. Anybody else...is this true?


    ***UPDATE****

    This is from Handspring's website on instructions for IR syncing.

    4. On your handheld tap the applications icon, then tap the HotSync icon. Choose Local. Choose IR to a PC/Handheld from the pull down menu.

    The Visor deluxe can't so this, it doesn't have the option to choose "IR to a PC/Handheld".

    So I now believe 100% that you can't IR sync to your Visor DLX. There is a addin app that allows for it but the DLX doesn't have native support.
    That makes sense to me..I wondered about that line "Choose IR to a PC/Handheld". Do you happen to kow the mame of the addin app?
  14. #14  
    yes, see above ^
  15. #15  
    IRlink or BeamSync should work. You can do a search for both of them at palmGear.com.
  16. #16  
    Appreciate all the feedback from folks who have moved from the "hacked" Palm Desktop 4 to the HS Palm Desktop 4.0.1. I didn't want to try it until I'd heard from others that the conversion went smoothly.

    Thanks!
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  17. #17  
    The upgrade worked fine, and now you can finally cut and paste into desktop fields (such as a phone number from the address book into a datebook note)
  18. #18  
    Three times now I've tried to download the zip file. Each time attempting to unzip I get the message, "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again."

    Any ideas? This kind of situation really sucks when you're on a dial-up.
  19. #19  
    I downloaded and installed HS' new desktop program and my USB hotsync would not work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled 3.1 from my CD and still no go. Installed Palm Desktop 2.0, then installed HS Desktop 3.1 over it (what I originally did when I bought my Visor) and still no go. (I tried the Registry Cleaner and even manually edited the registry per previous posts, too.) Apparently, the drivers for USB hotsync won't install; I don't see them in the Device Manager even though Windows claims to be installing the "software for my new hardware."

    Bloody heck! I bought a serial cradle for my Visor, and it's slow as molasses, even slower than a normal Palm serial sync.

    Not sure what happened, but my Visor just became my backup unit. I got a m105 yesterday.

    D'oh!
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  20. #20  
    A big thanks on this one. It's about time too.

    Installation was a breeze. Now I don't have to look longingly at my Palm Desktop at home anymore and wish I had the same here at work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions