Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have a replacement 700P and want to repair it to match my old 700P. I do have a copy of my CDMA NV backup from the old 700P. Can I just place this in my RAM0 drive and then run the CDMA updater, run debug and then select NV restore to change the ESN back to my previous ESN? Or is this too simplistic an approach?
    Jackie
    go to mobile files dot com the solution is there
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks Kocoman,

I was having trouble with MTTY and could not get it to find the USB port. I think there was a conflict with Microsoft Active Sync running in the background. Anyway I was able to get that problem solved and successfully erased NV and did the restore from my old 700P and the new phone is working great.

I have another question. How many times can the NV be erased and repaired? Is there a limit like once? The reason I ask is that I have two accounts and was going to put this phone on the other account (different carrier) and now can't get it to change even though I've gone through the same procedure as you have outlined. Did it several times and read it step-by-step and can't get it to change the ESN and phone number now.

Jackie
    no limit, but make sure you always have a copy/copies of your NV backup (very important)
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I've been playing with these phones. I've checked, rechecked, and rechecked the NV backup file and have seemingly correctly modified it. Areas that were changed are phone# @5800, and ESN @ all 15 different locations on NV backup. I have checked the phone after erasing the NV and phone will not turn on so I assume that it was correctly erased. Reloaded the NV Backup and get the original phone number and ESN from the original NV????? I know that the modified NV backup was written as I would also change the MSL to match the date and afterward have tried the MSL and it worked. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Will keep trying. Sometimes you just have to this stuff down and leave it for a few days, come back and restart from scratch and will see what you did wrong. Thanks for your help.
    Jackie

Well, after leaving it alone for a few days. I've looked at my file again and figured it out. Real noob mistakes. Got it repaired. Now in roaming when on a call. Has wrong PRL and now working on changing that.
    Thanks Kocoman.

Jackie
    Last edited by jbeenemd; 03/12/2009 at 08:49 PM.