Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Yesterday, my battery was in the red and needed to be charged. I hooked it up and about an hour later the phone rebooted. A few minutes later I took a look at my SMS messages and they all disappeared. I don't know how it happened (whether it had to do with reboot or if I unknowingly clicked on something when it was charging...it was on the bed, face down).

I have two questions... anyone know why this might have happened? And if it's possible to restore the messages now that they're gone? Ive had this phone for a little over a year so it had a couple thousand messages in it. Unfortunately, I never did a hotsync back up... big mistake, I know. But was curious if although the messages seemed to be purged, is the file really hidden somewhere.

If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it.
    Since no one yet responded, I will give you the bad news. Unless you hotsync or use a backup program to the card, your sms messages are in Palm heaven and you can't get them back.

I guess if the battery really, really died, then it might not have enough juice to keep the data. Not really sure about that.
    SMS messages are stored in the file Messages Database.pdb - open Filez (if you have it) and find that file (if you still have it). Then Send it to yourself via email. Then using this program:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UG2W4P8W

convert the .pdb to .csv and open in Excel.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.